Dune Fest

dnhyoung

Enjoy the sand camping because this is probably going to be the last year for it. I was at Driftwood II this past weekend, and the sand campers left it an absolute dump. i am not implying that you do this, I am just saying that it's the few that ruin for the rest of us.

I did speak with a commisioner for douglas county and I guess some new paved campgrounds are in the works to allow for the loss of sand camping at Winchester Bay.

Let me know what your rigs look like, and I will swing by and introduce myself

I heard that also, a riding area by my house was shut down because of a-holes trashing the place :angry: We went down with SLD to a clean up down at sand lake to try to make a little differance earlier this year, it was crazy to see what jerks leave behind. As for dune fest, it seems to be going down hill year by year, cascade isnt even going to be there this year. Swing on by we will have a white f250 with a nash trailer also look for a grey f350 with a desert fox trailer. :cheers:

I'll be going. Along with a big group from ripps power sports. It sucks that everyone is trashing it. Year by year it keeps getting worse :cheers: Ps. anyone got 22x11x8 10 paddle haulers for sale?

Edited by jdstrd

• 3 weeks later...

well, I didn't get to make it over to Dune Fest like I had hoped. Didn't get there until around 4 saturday afternoon, just as they were getting ready to do the final run. my riding budies were being cheap so we just headed up to Florence to ride for the evening. Headed down to winchester on Sunday morning, to watch everyone digging their rigs out of the sand. Call me paranoid, but I am just to chicken to pull my 33' toy hauler out on the sand. Last time I weighed in, I was just at 21k lbs on both truck and trailer. Oh well, it was still fun watching these guys hook 2/3 trucks together and form a conga line of pull vehicles to get a buddy out.

The worst part of the day was after about my 4th run up banshee hill, I had the nerve to try the new trail that someone cut-in just to the left of it. Well as I was making my run at the bottom of the hill, my shee just went POP and then just gurggled after that. I got to looking and I think i blew a whole in the left cylinder. I won't know for sure until I get her torn down and can look her over. I'll try to post some pics of what I find...

Later, Dan

Didnt miss out on much, lots of people left on sat. My buddy won king of the dunes. But other than that boring.

Will be going to box car next year. sorry to hear about your bike . My 8 over swing arm barely made it up that side, so tiiiight.