New truck

haha evil, what the hell is your avatar doing? ive been sittin here trying to figure it out and i cannot understand what it means. i thought f*ck ford at first, but i know you like fords so im confused. :wacko:

I think that is a honda emblem gettin' f*@ked...I think :unsure: .

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 99 powerjoke ex-cab 4x4 and a 04 dodge cummins 4 door 4x4 and my dodge is hands down the beast of the 2 for pulling. I pulled a chevy crew cab sitting on the axles out of deep sand at the dunes, up hill even. Was a tree behind him. What a dumb :yank: he was...

By the way, my powerjoke has 187,000 miles on it and I'm not very nice to the thing either. I change the oil ever 15,000 miles or so and I 4 wheel the crap out of it... Its been a great truck. I prefer the ride of the coil overs in my dodge and I really like not having to get out and lock the hubs like in my ford.

Edited by Jeffro

The new Ford 6.0 liter Powerstrokes are the best light truck diesel on the market currently. If you have to older to around '99 then it will be a tossup between Ford and Dodge. The downside to the older dodge is that they are loud as hell and have head gasket issues later in life.

The new Ford 6.0 liter Powerstrokes are the best light truck diesel on the market currently. If you have to older to around '99 then it will be a tossup between Ford and Dodge. The downside to the older dodge is that they are loud as hell and have head gasket issues later in life.

If that were true Ford wouldn't offer the Cummins 5.9L as an option in the F-450 and larger trucks would they? Why would they offer you a lesser engine than their powerstoke in the bigger truck? Riddle me this. The Cummins 5.9 is a proven powerplant.

That question is like asking why there are many different engine options for a class 8 truck. They are commercial trucks with fleet use being one of the markets that is targeted. If you owned a fleet of trucks would you want to pay for service people that need to be able to work on more than one brand of engine? The answer is no. You would want everything you owned to be the same or as close to the same as possible. Cummins's engine sales is base on reliability and customer following of their larger engine lines. However, they are atleast one generation of technology behind International (Ford) and Isuzu (GM). The key to the reason the Ford engine is so much better is its new variable vane turbo. GM will have a similair set up on their Duramax's within the next year.

:flush:

hey dnyoung (or whatever ur name is). Did those gauges add a lot of horsepower? Ive been looking to get a diesel for a long time now, and ive looked at almost every one. Im not biased at all, right now we have a nissan, a chevy, and a ford. DO NOT BUY DODGE. I looked at them, and the back seat is so small, and everything is cheaply made and plasticy. Ford and chevy are both nice. The chevy is a little big more powerful and gets better gas mileage, but the ford has a roomier cab. i thing the chevy has a higher payload capacity also. theyre both nice.

Well, the decision has come to an '03 Crew cab Ferd short box stroker. I have a line on one, and I will likely be getting it tomorrow, or Tuesday. Likely Tuesday, because Monday is my wife and I's 1st wedding anniversary. :whoa: This year flew by,....... And I am not sure if the wife would be willing to let me go get a new toy on our anniversary..... We'll see though..... I have looked alot. I REALLY REALLY want a Dodge, because of the engine. BUT, the cab of the Ford is what I want. And, Navistar makes a great engine. Everythign has it's inherent problems, but we'l see how it goes.........

Well, the decision has come to an '03 Crew cab Ferd short box stroker. I have a line on one, and I will likely be getting it tomorrow, or Tuesday. Likely Tuesday, because Monday is my wife and I's 1st wedding anniversary. :whoa: This year flew by,....... And I am not sure if the wife would be willing to let me go get a new toy on our anniversary..... We'll see though..... I have looked alot. I REALLY REALLY want a Dodge, because of the engine. BUT, the cab of the Ford is what I want. And, Navistar makes a great engine. Everythign has it's inherent problems, but we'l see how it goes.........

KICK ASS!!! I'm sure there's future plans for 10'' lift sittin on 40'' mt's right?? :cheers::evil:

Mike

I hope it is a 7.3L if it is an 03? :whoa:

You bet your sweet banshee ridin ass that it's a 7.3L!!! No 6.0!!! It's a Lariat, has everything I want except a sunroof. And a solid back window. BUT, good thing a close friend of mine owns a glass shop, and they are always looking for power rear sliders. :dance: So, I could even prolly make a little $$ and have him swap out a solid rear in there.... Gotta get the Freak billboard on it!! And I got the story from the wife, no more than 8" in this truck. Still has to plow, and work.... BUT, she didn't say a damn thing about propane!!! :headbang:

how did you find a 7.3 in a 03 ?

Because 2003 was the last year for the 7.3L stroker motor. I believe the 7.3 was optional for those who didn't want to "test" the 6.0L. It was a bad year, hit and miss style for the 6.0's and torqueshifts. Muchos electrical difficulty. My brother in law has an '03 6.0L, and he loves it. I have driven it, wicked ride, even stock. He has had zero troubles out of it. :dance: for him. But for me, I'll take the 7.3, thank you!! And Evil, your truck looks the EXACT same as the one I am looking at. Charcoal grey, but "mine" has black on the bottom to round out the 2 tone.... it looks pimp. :headbang: I'm getting it, just don't know if today or tomorrow is the day......