Minor Low End Issues

Basically its a minor issue but, My low end seems a little "boggy" recently. On occasion it will "putt" out one of my pipes, not quite a backfire. Now I think I may be a tad rich but I have always run 32:1 Yamalube 2r.

Now before everyone tells me to switch my oil, and check my airfilter, and change my plugs,,,,, done that. I have been riding slow lately because I have been giving the kids rides, but I think it may be more than that.

I am thinking I should clean the carbs, because I have run crappy gas in the spring for 2 seasons, becuse I didnt drain the tank and left it in the carbs during the winter. I have made no major changes to the shee recently, just oiled the K&N.

Checked the plugs and the porceline was a tad darker than chocolate. When I changed the plugs it was fine for a while but bogged a bit again.

She runs great in the powerband and the high end but like I said, some times she spits a little on the low end.

BTW: she Idles great once she is warmed up

I will clean my carbs tomorow morning, and hope for the best.

Peace out.

Thanks in advance for help

Edited by dogboystoy

Thanks, I have run a few tanks of good gas lately. I havent changed the jetting since I got it new in 2000. And the first 2 years, she ran perfect on the 2R 32:1. So, i am just wondering what could have changed. Now, I did add a K&N airfilter about 3 years ago and didnt change my jetting because I knew that the 32:1 was a tad rich, so the extra air flow would be good for my mixture.

OK, I took my carbs apart and took out my mains, everything was pristine. I didnt see any dirt or debris, but I sprayed the carb cleaner around to clean anything I didnt see. I put it all back together and thanks to Meats "Banshee Zone", I adjusted my Air screws a bit. I think I got her running a little better. I have my air screws at 2 turns out. I still wasnt satisfied with my Idle, so I adjusted the Idle screws. So far so good.