Who Has A Gusseted Frame

Had a decent crash on my banshee & bent the frame. I have since straightened it but want to try and prevent this from happening again.

I guess not falling off would be a good start but we all crash eventually.

I did a search but couldn't come up with any detailed pics.

Who here has gusseted their frame?

Were you happy with the results?

What is the best material to use?

Any tips or pics would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

I just did mine last night, cut off some tabs too, forgot the two right in front of the motor mounts along the frame, but owell. It looks fuckin awesome!!! I am getting ready to get it powder coated...hang tight, I'll have you some pics soon, like probably the next couple days or so. For sure. We used close to 1/4" steel on mine, little overkill probably, but that bitch isn't going to budge now--guaranteed. We'll probably use a milder grade steel next time. I'll get you some detailed pics asap... ;)

We're actually going to start offering gussetting services, along with my cousin. We'll do a standard gussetting like we did on mine & also custom gusseting as requested by the customer...at a reasonable price. I'm trying to find a powdercoater who will cut us a deal so we can offer complete gussetting and powdercoating services. Would anyone here be interested? :unsure:

Thanks Led, ill look forward to them.

Pity I can't take advantage of your new business venture as I'm in Australia but it's a great idea. :clap:

I've heard that banshees have a fairly weak frame compared to other ATV's but nothing a bit of engenuity can't fix.