Central Air Problems

I have a York central air conditioning system that is not working upstairs. The heat worked over the winter, the fan goes on and all but its still 85 degrees. No cool air coming out, just warm air. The system is only a year old. I know the heating people were here over the winter because one side of the upstairs was getting warmer than the other and they did something to make the heat flow better into the kids rooms. I cant help but think the guys may have done something to warrant another house call when it got hotter. Is there a switch or something that is easy to recognize that may have been tripped so I am not getting cool air, just warm?

I know, pretty lame but I am clueless with this kind of crap.

Also if the batteries in the thermostat are old will that effect anything?

Edited by sheescreams

my advice unless you know what you are doing i wouldnt screw with it

they are expensive adn probably a techinican could fix for a reasonable price instead up you blowing up something

go outside and check if the outside unit is turning on. When using the a/c the inside and outside units should be working at the same time. If the outside unit is not turning on then thats ur problem and u probably tripped a breaker. The outside is what pumps the freon(cold stuff) into the house..

this from being a slave to my fathers a/c business from when i was 10-17

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

hey i still work for my dad doing A/C...and you couldn't be any more correct with saying its slave work...

did you check to see if the grills are open?...if yes, i'd look at the breaker...if not it could just be some maintance, like cleaning out the unit outside(might be full of leaves?...or the coil could be dirty)....if that doesn't help it could be a number of things like low freon i'd guess first if its not cooling off the upstairs..

hey i still work for my dad doing A/C...and you couldn't be any more correct with saying its slave work...

did you check to see if the grills are open?...if yes, i'd look at the breaker...if not it could just be some maintance, like cleaning out the unit outside(might be full of leaves?...or the coil could be dirty)....if that doesn't help it could be a number of things like low freon i'd guess first if its not cooling off the upstairs..

hahahah you live in Jers, I grew up in Florida were its 365 days a year sweating your balls off carrying r-22 jugs and the vacuum pumps