Noss Head

can't wait... it'll be here friday. excelent service there too!

question is... i got it with the 20cc domes, i live in upstate NY, and just wondering how the compression is gonna be. i am at 135 right now with the stock head shaved 20 thou.

...and, is this gonna be a noticeable power gain? i would think so right?.

my buddies are both running 19cc domes in a trinity head, and a vito's hemi head, and they are about 175 pounds each side.

the sad part is, my shee runs right next to them now... so this should be the trick i need to get back up front!

can't wait...  it'll be here friday.  excelent service there too!

question is...  i got it with the 20cc domes,  i live in upstate NY, and just wondering how the compression is gonna be.  i am at 135 right now with the stock head shaved 20 thou.

...and,  is this gonna be a noticeable power gain?  i would think so right?.

my buddies are both running 19cc domes in a trinity head, and a vito's hemi head, and they are about 175 pounds each side.

the sad part is,  my shee runs right next to them now...  so this should be the trick  i need to get back up front!

Question is, do you want to be able to run pump 92 octane, or not. With 175, you'd be way out of that ballpark, but with your 20cc head, you should be close, unless your at a high elevation.

i am figuring the 20's to be close to the 160 mark where the pump/race gas is decided... i normally run race gas as it is, but there are times when we take off for the weekend, and just carry oil. and then pump gas is an issue.

i had also thought about getting a set of 18's for drag racing, they are pretty easy to switch out right?

i am figuring the 20's to be close to the 160 mark where the pump/race gas is decided...  i normally run race gas as it is, but there are times when we take off for the weekend, and just carry oil.  and then pump gas is an issue. 

i had also thought about getting a set of 18's for drag racing, they are pretty easy to switch out right?

I think it's kind of a PITA, but worth it for say riding, then dragging on the weekend. It's not too hard, just a little time consuming.

im in Northeast PA at about 1000ft above sea level i have the NOSS head with 20cc's on the weeks i get paid i run straight race fuel 112 octane the next week i run half/half 94/112 i dont notice to much of a difference between the two it might just be in my head what i do feel. 2 weeks ago we were in West Virginia ridin im not sure of the elevation but i had to stop for pump gas and the highest they had was 92 :( it was really down on power then if you can get some 94 then go half/half with the 20cc's if you cant get 94 use a little more race fuel in the mix thats what works best for me. ITS FAST

O.K I have almost the same sceanrio as you have.I live in Mi. about 700 asl

I put my Noss head on with 20CC domes & went from 140 with a cut head to about 162with the Noss.

I could tell some low end gain but I also was running brand new 9 paddle Extremes so the hook was def. there as well.

My buddy & I are pretty close on mods & speed I have a Noss he has a cut head & we still run real close a small hick up off the line makes or breaks a win.

Our quads ran real close with both cut heads also. Full out 6th gear I might get it but I have Toomeys & he has PTR's but have not tested it yet.

I run all race gas with 20's but my timing is @ +5 degrees.I could go half & half prob.

You wont be whoopin on them with the bolt on but it runs cooler & helps all around.

well the noss head came in today, and when i did i compression test, i got 150 on one and 120 on the other... thought something was wrong with the head, put the stock one back on and got 120 and 80! damn... no riding this weekend. .040 pistons are in the mail! hopefully have it back together by next weekend...

but hey... the head looks nice!