Rice Rockets

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otis, that is a kickass avatar! Growing up on a fruit farm gives me a little appreciation for getting the front (or rear) tires off the ground on a piece of heavy (in whatever context you want to take the word "heavy") machinery.

Our Shockwave cherry tree shaker (OMC) was great for that. Had a slant-6 in the back of it and if you gave it even slightly too much brake, the shaker boom in front was so heavy that the rear tires would be up and off the ground (kiss your steering capability goodbye). Or, backing away from a tree and having to back up a hill...hehe. Needed bloody skid plates for under the front of that boom practically...

Thanks nater. :D Getting it up was easy ...... trying to find the balance point and keep it up, took some time.... ;)

I've had my share of "stoppies"(endoes) w/ heavy equipt as well..... Grade-All(boom fork), boom extended, with a couple bundles of rebar on it... :lol: