28mm Jetting?

i just bought the kelin 28 pwk carbs from magic racing they said they were jetted for pipes....i was wondering if any body knows what size of jetts are in them....shee is boggin down really bad in the bottomend so i think that the pilot is to rich does anybody know what my jetting should be with these carbs and the modds listed below? and im at about 1.400 feet

well i guess its rich....cuz i only noticed this when i ride slow wheelies...i used to be able to just pull back and gas it a lil and it would come right up and that was with the stock carbs....now when i gas it, it just bogs down. It also kinda bogs down when i take off so is my pilot jet fine? and do i move the needle up or down to make it leaner?

o...and i fouled my plugs the other day so i guess it is running rich

Edited by banshee_rider95

Its really hard to say w/o riding it, the pilot and needles overlap, you have to find the right combination...When you say "bog", is it jerky and breakin up, or does it just hesitate and take a second to kick in? If your cruisin around at a constant throttle position, does it seem to load up at say 1/4 throttle...If so, then you rich, if it doesn't load up, but hesitates before powerband, then your lean...

Move the clip down on the needles to richen it, 4th from the blunt end. Move the clip up to the 2nd clip from the blunt end to lean it out....If your fouling plugs, then the pilot is too rich....Does it start 1st kick w/ no choke when cold? Does it start really easy when warm?....

When it "bogs" down, it gets all jerky and stuff so its difintly rich on the needle, U can also tell that it starts to load up some. When its cold, it usually starts on the first kick, if i use the choke. But i have to blip the throttle a lil to keep it running until i get her warm enough to put the choke in....but when shee is warm shee starts up first kick like it used too

Also if i do go down on the pilot what size cuz i have no clue what size is in the carbs now ....all i know is that they are supposed to be jetted for pipes.

bump?

:D

You'll have to pull one of the carbs and see, then go from there...If you need the choke to start, then the pilot will be close. I'd try lowering the needles one notch and go from there....The needles on the Keihins are very sensitive at 1/8-1/4 throttle. I'd try that first, it only takes 5 minutes and will get you closer....You have to raise the clip towards the blunt end to lower the needle....Let me know how that does....