Cpi And 240 Jetting

Don't you think i will have some problems with the 260 coz when i first had the 240 my bike didn;t run as good as before and when i took off the lid of the air fillter it ran better.

Any ideas  :huh:

:blink: You need to post your elevation, temp, and air filter type so we can figure out what you've got going on. Also, at what rpm range and throtle position do you seem to have a problem, maybe your problem could be with the pilots or needle jetting circut. How does it perform flat out at wide open throttle? I would think with CPI's, the snorkel removed, airbox lid on, foam air filter, sea level, 60 - 80 degrees, the mains should be at least a 270 on CPI's.

Don't you think i will have some problems with the 260 coz when i first had the 240 my bike didn;t run as good as before and when i took off the lid of the air fillter it ran better.

Any ideas  :huh:

:blink: You need to post your elevation, temp, and air filter type so we can figure out what you've got going on. Also, at what rpm range and throtle position do you seem to have a problem, maybe your problem could be with the pilots or needle jetting circut. How does it perform flat out at wide open throttle? I would think with CPI's, the snorkel removed, airbox lid on, foam air filter, sea level, 60 - 80 degrees, the mains should be at least a 270 on CPI's.

I really don't wanna sound stupid but one day i would have 2 learn :wacko:

What do you mean by elevation?

How do I know my sea level?

I have a factory air filter

I don;t have problem with the 240 but iam asking if i can go higher than that.

The elevation of the water level of the Ocean is sea level. All land not covered by ocean is some distance above the sea level (exept death valley and other rarities of coarse). You know the sign on the highway comming in to a town that says for example ( City of Chico, population - 80,000 Elevation - 236ft) this means Chico is 236ft above sea level. Just go to yahoo or a similar seach engine and type in your towns name and elevation and it will come up with some links that will tell you.

#240 mains are way too small for any aftermarket pipe, are you sure they didn't say #340? Anyway, if you run 240's you will be running really lean which will result in not making near as much power as the engine should and causing really high combustion chamber temperatures which will cause overheating and start to melt the top of your piston near the exhaust port and lead to early piston failure. If you ride it hard enough you could easily smoke the top end within 5 minutes.