Banshee Vs V-force 700

Don't discount the capability of the KFX.  If it is bone stock, you will crush him.  If you run across one with pipes and a clutch that is tuned in, watch out.  They are a capable enough machine that I was convinced to buy one.  They are tricky to tune because the CVT controls the RPM the motor operates at.  From the factory, they are tuned to run about 1500 rpms below their peak power output.  Now, imagine you riding your Banshee and shifting 1500 rpms too soon all the way through the gears--that is what the stock KFX does.  When the clutch is tuned in and the air/exhaust is flowing better they are a flat out wicked machine.

This is true, there was one at little sahara this weekend kicking some ass.

You can spank that Kentuky Fried :flame: Kawasaki. I read 2 excellent articles on this same question.

One was an experiment that 3 guys tried. 1 piped banshee, 1 piped raptor and one stock KFX 700 with some small carb mod or something. They were racing a short drag race on a gravel road. I believe it was about 300'. The KFX beat the banshee and the banshee beat the raptor but lost ot the KFX in all of the races.

In a large quad magazine an article compaired all of the accelerations of all the STOCK machines avaiable in 04'. It was a comparison they performed with all the quads on a dirt strip in the same conditions on the same day. It also showed that the KFX was fastest out of the hole. However, it had the least acceleration when it came to the mid, and top end, and the slowest top speed of all. All of the popular hot rod quads out were beating it by 1/2 track. The darn thing weighs like 500 lbs! Of coarse it will hook up good off the line. But, its own weight and drivetrain soak up so much HP that it cant hang one its up to a significant speed.

Race on pavement, tackey dirt, sand, or a gravel road 600' and that KFX is toast.

And tell your coworker the pistons fire on every stoke on a 2 stroke so I guess the 350cc x2 would be about the same as a 700cc 4 stroke, but yours weighs 120 lbs less.