Help!

2004LEBanshee

340 sounds a little rich to me, your sig says chopped lid. Not that thats bad. If you cand do a good test, then rich is good. I was running 310 main / 27.5 pilot with my fattys, reeds, coolhead, and a chopped lid with a uni. I wouldn't really use the choke as a way to know if its rich or not. What's the highest gear you can get it in? Run it hard some and see if it bogs, if not go up another size to see if it sputters. If so, back off one.

340 sounds a little rich to me, your sig says chopped lid.  Not that thats bad.  If you cand do a good test, then rich is good.  I was running 310 main / 27.5 pilot with my fattys, reeds, coolhead, and a chopped lid with a uni.  I wouldn't really use the choke as a way to know if its rich or not.  What's the highest gear you can get it in? Run it hard some and see if it bogs, if not go up another size to see if it sputters.  If so, back off one.

He's got a K&N and +4 ignition advance so he's probably pretty close at 340 if you were good at 310 with the uni foam filter. If it runs pretty good at WOT and then bogs some at WOT then it may be jeted ok. Where you have to be careful with the choke test is that it may not run good and cause a bog off idle or at half throttle with the choke on but when you are at WOT in the top of 5th it may be just right, so don't missinterpret the bog as meaning you were rich on the mains and you weren't unless it bogs when trying to rev it out in a high gear at WOT.