Rossier Or Cheetah Cylinder Kit

shee4202

The rings doesnt really last longer but the bores do since Nikasil is stronger or harder than the rings are,this is why it extends rebuilds unless disaster strikes of course.

So your saying that the rebuild on the nikisil cylinder is extended because the bore doesn't get enlarged due to the friction of the piston and rings? I thought that typically the rings wore out well before the cylinder bore and/or piston. I guess I am misunderstanding why the rebuild is extended on a nikisil bore? In a typical iron sleeve cylinder that is going bad from a long period of use, isn't ring wear usually what is causing the loss of compression not cylinder wear? I thought that in a nikisil bore you usually get one of those micropolishes on the bore so the rings get much less wear durring break in. The rings basically don't have to wear into the cylinder wall they just have to "set" after a couple of heat cycles. I can see why nikisil can extend the life of the bore just not the length of the rebuild if it doesn't extend the life of the rings. I'm not stating any of this as fact, just how I though it worked. If that's wrong, which is probably the case, then learn me how it is.