Help Me Out Evil And Blue Duece!

BenBB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on ABM, is your wife goin too? I'll be there as soon as I can get there Saturday, just got last minute stuff right now; ordered a new chain so I can run the 15-tooth front sprocket, gotta get a crack welded on my swingarm, and make a front & rear number plate for Chris...do you need those too? If so I can make 'em, just like my rear plate, works great.

It's no problem, I'll make a white one for the rear and we can just zip tie it on to the grab bar, that's the plan with Chris's (if you're buying numbers get some black 9" tall ones for the rear plate). I was hoping we could talk Adriana into taking some pics and/or video of like the start, finish, and when each of us comes through after the first lap. I'll have a cheap digi cam and my camcorder, just don't have anyone to take pics while we're racing...

They finally got the results posted today, I finished 8th out of 28, you can see the results here . I'm still sore.

I can sum up my little 46-mile race in one word: BRUTAL

I can sum up the Quad Experts, who I hear the leader made a 23-mile loop in 22 minutes (that's better than 60mph average through some of the meanest & longest whoops you've ever seen) in two words: HARD CORE

And 3 words for what I need to even compete with the amateurs/experts: LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION

Hopefully the pics ABM's wife and ridingorhiding's girlfriend took will come out, the ones I took of our quads in the pits somehow got erased, when I get some I'll post 'em.

It was crazy. The 23-mile course was at least 13 miles of whoops, felt like more. There was some fast arroyos and dirt roads here and there where we could open it up, but for the most part it was a one-line show; miles of sandy whoops.

Somehow I missed my class start, I rolled through pit row with everyone else but stopped to set out my fuel jug, by the time I got to the starting line my class took off. I asked a guy that was standing around WTF and he was like "you're late!", so I nailed it and left the starting line dead last. I put the hammer down and passed 10-12 guys through the first whoop section and dropped in behind a pack of 4-5 guys going into the real tight stuff (nowhere to pass). We got up on a kinda rocky hill and I picked off a few more but had to settle back in behind another 2 guys (did I mention it was dusty as f*ck?). On one of the dropoffs the guy in front stalled it, and the guy in front of me nailed him, so I nailed that guy and started waving off the guys behind me. My quad was fine, just a minor bumper bend but my bumper kinda caved in one of his silencers. While we were getting restarted a few guys got past but I caught up once we got past a checkpoint and into an arroyo. Before the end of the first lap I passed an Amateur or two, but they had to run 3 laps so I'm sure they were tryin' to pace themselves. I hit the pits and fueled up (took about 3/4 tank) and hit it again, but my thumb was starting to give out. About a quarter of the way into the second lap I could barely push the throttle, every time there was a straightaway I pulled the throttle with my fingers with my hand over the bars. I was rollin' the whoops and just trying to keep movin'. I finished without incident tho, the Banshee ran perfect and it was alot of fun, just damn hard on the body...