Need Help

Trouble T

OK here is the story. I put FMF Fatties and K&N air filter on a stock 2002 Banshee. I moved the slide up one position and put 290 mains in it. It ran perfect from 90 degree days in the summer to 4 degree days this winter. I took it out in a snow storm recently and it suddenly started revving really high and then going back to an idle then back to revving really high all by itself. It did this for about 20-30 seconds. It ran perfect after that Ever since then it will run perfect up to half throttle. As soon as I give it more than half throttle it bogs and backfires. I disconnected the tors brain under the gas tank. The sensors on the p-brake and carbs are still on but not functional because the brain is disconnected right? Here is the really starnge part. When I check the plugs they are brown on one side and white on the other. Each plug has a white side and a brown side.

I am begining to wonder if it may be electrical. I am always burning through headlights. It has always burned through headlights even long before this problem developed.

It sounds like it is not getting enough fuel for some reason. Any ideas what could restrict the flow of fuel?

I checked the choke tube between the carbs. Any suggestions are very welcome. I tried everything I can think of. If anyone can figure it out it will be someone on this board.

Thanks,

Troy

I agree on the reeds, if its ran fine thru the weather changes and you just noticied a problem, I'd say a cracked reed also, although I may be wrong....did you do the jetting, how did it run after you did the pipe change and jetting, check the reeds and be sure you got the carbs cleaned and everything installed correctly. You should consider yourself lucky to have a bike that runs good in weather that cold...LOL...it takes a pull from another quad to get mine going in cold weather, but when its running, its ssssssscccccccrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaammmmmmmingggggggg.

Thanks for all of the help. I had to brave the freezing cold garage and pulled off both carbs. I was right and wrong. The jets are too big to get clogged with dirt. Apparently they are not too big to get clogged with a piece of grass! How the ^%$# did that get in there???? Anyway I took the piece of grass out and it runs better than ever. Now I just need to figure out why I keep burning out the headlights.

Thanks again. If it were not for this site I would be dragging my Banshee to the dealer every other weekend.

Troy

hey led,

Did you check your pickupcoil clearance?

Sure did, even tried moving it both in closer & out a bit,...same problem. :angry:

It's got to be the stator, if it's not I'm going to sell the fucker! <_<

j/k,...will just spend more money until I get it right! :P:D