How to jet a Banshee or How and why I tore all my hair out.

thecabinboy

Did this help?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pilot Jet and Air screws control throttle from idle to 1/4. Turn them in to lean out any "boggyness" you might get. The stock setting is 1.5 turns out.

Needle Clip position will affect 1/4 throttle to about 3/4. raise the clip to the blunt end will make it leaner and setting it closer to the sharp end will richen the mix. Stock setting is 3rd notch (center).

The Main Jet controls throttle from 3/4 to wide open throttle (WOT). Going to a bigger number will richen it and a lower number will lean it out. Stock is 190-220 depending where you live. To gauge this you need to do a plug test (get up to about 3rd or 4th gear, kill the engine while pulling in the clutch and giving it all the gas "shee" will take (WOT). Coast in to a stop a take a reading to see which way you should go.

All this is just the basics, there are many nuances and variables that will factor in when tuning up your bike. I just want to get it out so you newbs like me dont have to learn through trial and error.

TheCabinboy

Great post. I just have one thing to add:

You are right when you say turning the air screws in will help with the "boggyness" off idle. But I am sure by doing that you are actually restricting air and richening the fuel mixture.

Someone once said on this subject as an easy reminder:

RICH - IN / LEAN - OUT