T-rex Pistons?

axle

I have a set of the FMF power valve cylinders wich were made for FMF by the same people who make the T-Rex cylinders I was just wondering if someone could tell me why the pistons dont have any intake windows on the pistons? and if so if I cut intake ports in them on a mill do you think this would hurt or help the performance of the engine.

I'm relatively new to the Banshee but I have done research on the Banshee engine and I feel I have a good idea on the basics of the engine(2-strokes)....you need the intake windows in the pistons!!! Size, shape, position...not sure about that. When it comes to 2-strokes, you need forced induction! This can be accomplished by supercharging, turbocharging or positive crankcase pressure.

The Banshee, like most other 2-stroke recreational vehicles use positive crankcase pressure to get the air/fule mixture into the cylinders. Its cheap and easy.... but effective ;)

The intake windows in the Banshee engine's pistons allow the air/fuel mixture to enter the crankcase where it lubes vital engine components, but mostly the intake charge is sucked when the piston is top dead center (negative pressure). The intake windows in the pistons are the only way for the air/fuel mixture to enter the engine. When the piston travels down the cylinder it will compress air/fuel mixture (volume of crankcase decreases/positive pressure) pushing it through the transfer ports into the cylinder.

Sorry if my explanation is crude, but the intake windows in the pistons are key to the engine operation. Without 'em, I don't think it would run or if it did, probably wouldn't run good at all!!!

The lack of window porting on your pistons will essentially retard reed signaling which in essence is retarding intake timing. Your engine will run, but not like it should....Jim