What Should I Get For My Car Next With My Xmas $$$

I2fast4U

ok i am having a delima(sp) i dont know wut to buy for my 87 trans am. So far it has a 350 that is bore 0.30 over with aluminum pistons and a cam in it and a 3 inch pipe, Sumtime b4 May i am gonna get a Ramair hood so i think about getting a ramair intake or K&N cold air intake system dont know that much about the ramair intake setup but i do know that the K&N setup is suppose to give 10-12 hp, other than that i dont know wut all i could get for 306 bucks which is my spending limit. And for the people who would say get a system i thought about getting 3 12s and then selling some shit so i can get a 1000watt amp PLEASE HELP ME OUT. O ya and remeber the spending limit is only 306 bucks. O ya wut kinda of speakers would sound good with alot of metal such as Manson,Tool,Slipknot,Slayer, and shit like that.

Thanks,

AJ

EDIT: O yea and i already have a Pioneer CD Player (Super Tuner IIID) and 2 Pioneer 6 1/2" front speakers and 2 6"x9" rear speakers

Hooker Headers=409.95

Weiland intake (satin finsh)=549.95

NOS kit=709.95

Crane HI-6S ignition=179.95+21.95 for the adapter

Salvation Army Subs= less than 306, sound quality=stuff in Walmarts crapper

Looking at this scenerio, you should either save your money for the extra ponies or blow it on an ignition that will be able to cope with things that you will do to it later in life.

You should save the money for better things like nitrous and superchargers.

i big on car audio.... for metal... get 2 12 inch subs in a sealed enclosure.... from maybe 600 watts... 300 to each...the subs you ask? alpine type r will handel metal well theyre major sound quality.. also Elemental designs are insane subs and it like mad... at good prices too the website for them is edesignaudio.com theyre real plain lookin but its kinda like a sleeper banshee :P . remeber sealed is tighter than poprted and will reproduce the badass double bass and stuff in metal music.

ya as far as motor i think i am just gonna say fuk that and let my dad pay for that shit to expenive for me. And also i know i cant get 3 12s and 1000watt amp with 306 bucks i was just saying that is wut i would have like to of got. I also have another question are Bazooka Bass tubes any good if so I can get 2 for about 150-200 bucks from one of my dads friends they are 8" subs not sure which one they are but here are 2 links to which ones i am almost certain they are.

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/BAZEL804

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/BAZEL8AHP

I am pretty sure it is the second one but if it isnt it is the definitly the first one.

Thanks for ur comments

AJ

:lol::lol: Ahh...the notorious bazooka. Also known as the best sub system in car audio. Not only are they used in SPL competition but they are highy regarded as the best quality sub with many sound fidelity people. The bazooka system was actually classified by the governement upon its design in 1949 for fear it would desrupt the world economy and cause mass epidemics. It was only now after the marvels of modern medicine and the help of Mr. Greenspan lowering interest rates that the bazooka system may be fully utilized.

I highly recommend running (2) Matts class D amps per bazooka. You might also need a bank of caps and batteries. :lol:

Bazooka's suck more than anything that I have ever heard. I won a BassBlaster (Bazooka's brother) by Roadmaster at a car show last spring. You pay shipping and you can have the thing.

SAVE YOUR MONEY....YOUR GOING TO MAKE A BIG MISTAKE

save up a little more money and get a bigger throttle body, and then save and get some runners. Get yourself a dremel and pull the intake manifold off of it and port that bitch up/clean it up and give it some better flowing characteristics.

If you listen to mostly metal and such, dont worry about getting a system. All its gonna do is slow your trans am down. Every 100 lbs is a tenth of a second in the quarter. Get yourself 1 10" sub if you need some bass up in there.

If you open up that airflow, your car will correct itself with more fuel and if done right it'll just about open those injectors to their mass flowing potential. Then save up and get a charger, nitrous, and bigger injectors and you'll be killing basically anything on the road. Get some headers and a cold air setup until you get the charger. If you get a chip remember you gotta go back to a stock one if you get a charger.

You might also want to look into ladder bar setups, cross members, etc etc.

My buddies 87 or 88 GTA (I forget) hauls ass. It's to the point where your having a hard time putting your hand on the dash when he's on it. He's got bigger swaybars front and rear, Comp TA H rated tires, ladder bar setup, and cross members (he's got aftermarket T-tops). And a charger, bigger injectors and the list goes on and on. He's got a 3 inch cowl with the gauges mounted in the back of it. The car is just killer. Digital dash, leather interior.