Tors Benifets

the tors or throttle over ride system is supposed to shut the bike down if it sticks wide open or if the quad rolls over. and when mine rolled it didnt work as it was supposed to. the only benafit it has is to keep the lawsuits down for yamaha :angry: its all linked up via sensors in the brake, throttle and on the carb tops. if you shee is running like shit its more than likley the tors system causing it. ditch it while you can !!!! later

I agree 100%, It took me 2 days after I brought my shee home to figure out the tors was causing it to run like shit. Imagine just buying a shee and having it for 2 days and couldnt ride it!! Needless to say I ditched all the tors BS. Well almost all, I still have to get carb caps but other than that everything that has anything to do with tors is gone. It is up to you but I would recommend doing the same to save you some heartaches in the near future. It is a proven fact that the tors systems will eventually give you problems.

You really dont need a "tors removal kit". You can do what alot of us average Joes do.

Most would tell you to do a search on this subject but that would be rude in my opinion. I will give you a really crude general description to disable and remove the tors. I offer no gaurentee but it has worked great for me and I got the info from this site.. First thing is to locate the main tors brain (if you want to call it a brain). It will be under the left side of the gas tank-frame towards the front of the tank. Unplug the wires going to that little black bastard. Actually you can probably stop at this point but I kept going. What I did was remove the parking brake switch and cable completely. It is connected to the tors. (follow the wires. You will soon see the clusterfu(k the tors really is) When you remove the cable it will lead down to the rear brake caliper. You will need to remove this concraption from the caliper and in its place install a simple block off plate. They are available on ebay for 10-12 bucks or at your local cycle shop all day long. I broke off the circle holders that held the e-brake cable on the swingarm and filed-ground them down smooth. Next locate the wire harness coming out the thumb throtlle. Cut that bad boy as well. Take the remainder wire and plug out. Locate the tops of the carbs. Cut those wires as well and remove the excess. That should be a good start. If you have money to spend you can buy new carb tops-idle kit ,clutch perch-lever to clean things up.Ect.. I know I am not perfect and there will be some posts with things I may have forgot.. All I know is that help is sometimes hard to come by on this site (at least for me anyway) . I have been begging for somebody to post one lousy picture for me for about a month now so that I can find out what kind of pipes I have and nobody has done it yet. Hope this helps. Good luck!

TORS.....good paperweights.....enough said :lol:

also work good as door stops, work great in place of rocks or eggs, couple extra screws for your carbs...durr...any useless shit you could use your TORS for really....use your imagination....

Mike