Slow Banshee

andrew.s

Okay so my stockish banshee used to do 70mph on the dunes fastest was 71.2mph downhill and now it won't go past 60mph. It feels like it has good power still and I checked compression and it's at 120 cold and 115 hot and a brand new Toomey filter so I don't understand what could be the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay so my stockish banshee used to do 70mph on the dunes fastest was 71.2mph downhill and now it won't go past 60mph. It feels like it has good power still and I checked compression and it's at 120 cold and 115 hot and a brand new Toomey filter so I don't understand what could be the problem.

Maybe fuel?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Did it start directly after the new filter or a drastic temprature change? Just thinking fuel to air ratio without more info. Did anything else change?
It started doing this before I got a new filter so I originally thought it wasn't getting enough air so I got a new filter and nothing else has changed

An easy air leak check is to spray starter fluid around the carbs while it running. You can do it at idle and with some RPMs. If it revs up you know there's an air leak. If you're running it at the max speed you should be able to pull your plugs to see how they are looking as well. It could be anything from mixing the fuel wrong to a failing CDI. Think of anything else that has changed first. 

You sure your speedo is accurate?
Mine was way off after a loooong break, the battery went flat and it lost the set up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm using a GPS speedometer and my friend and mine both say the same mph so it shouldn't be the speedo either

• 4 weeks later...