Mikuni vm26-606

Been having problems with this 97 banshee I’ve had for a couple months. It had 34mm Mikuni flat slides but no mods the carbs were way to big I couldn’t jet them right. So I ended up getting some vm26-606 there very similar to the vm26ss but aren’t it.  I got them so close but not just yet the bottom end power is there but it only seems to hit the power band in first and very late   The bike has Toomey t5’s, and complete removal of the air box I’m running uni pods. And I am at 300ft.    When the 34 were on there I got it to where it would run good only on the top end but had no bottom end what so ever  but one I put those VM26’s the bottom end was all there right now im running 330mains 30 pilots and the needle is the red Vito’s one. But the problem is the power band hits super late in 1st and when I’m in any other gear it feels like it wants to hit the power band but doesn’t    kinda like if it was lean but if even went up to 350 mains and it ran the same I got the needle in the middle position and I’ve played with it a lot it didn’t really make a difference what I think it might be is the needle jet in the vm26-606 is different then the one in the vm26ss   The one on the 606 is like a screw in one    it’s nothing like the one in the ss.  So I’m stuck does anyone know what needle jet I could switch to, that would be the same size as the one in the vm26ss but fits in the 606   Or could my problem be somthing with the wiring the tors is unplugged and there is no parking brake but it does kind of feel like a rev limiter sometimes, but it didn’t do that when I had the 34mm on there.  Maybe someone could suggest what jets to run in the 34mm flats  i have just laying here if it’s even possible to run them on this bike. Sorry I can’t provide what jets are in those right now there in storage but if somone could help I would be able to go get them please any suggestions    I’ve had trouble with this bike for a while 

Edited by jason.perez

• 2 months later...

The needle jet and needle are completely wrong. The inner diameter is smaller on VM26-606 than the VM26SS. Which makes it too lean and chokes fuel supply no matter how big a main jet you put in. Try drilling out needle jet to same size as 26SS and use needle from 26SS.

They don't sell bigger needle jets for the 606.