Wanting To Bore Out Cylinders

limitied03

I have an 03 shee and today i found out a piece of my f*ck*@! piston broke off and locked up the bottom end and my local yamaha dealer says it was because of sand(BULLSHIT) cause there wasnt any sand to be in the motor itself...anywayz...my shee is all stock and im thinking of boring it over .020 jus wondering what i would have to do to accompany that, like change the jets? intake? im open for discussion

You will have to bore it anyways. You will also need to have your crank rebuilt, or get a new one. And you will also have to buy yourself a manual, and get that thing the hell away from the stealership. Boring the bike won't yield any more power. Only bore your bike when absolutely necessary, which is usually from damage. You won't have to change your jetting, and if the bike was stock, how many hours did it have on it? Were you running low octane mexican grade fuel? Detonation sometimes causes a skirt to break off especially if there is wear in the cylinders. Your dealer is floating you a line of bull shit. is that thing still under warranty?

Hell yea its under warranty, but the thing was the cylinder walls werent scratched or fucked up at all which was wierd.....like i thought they would be, and the crank was ok cause i went in the back and check it all myself, and i was running aviation fuel....no cheap shit in my shee, and it only had maybe 20-25 hours on it at the most....

Are you a crank checking professional? Do you build alot/have built alot of motors? Once you scatter debris into the lower end, you MUST clean it ALL out, or risk catastrophic failure once the engine is assembled again. It sounds as though there was a casting flaw in the stock pistons, and being that there wasn't any scoring in the cylinders, that leads me to believe that there wasn't alot of play. Also the low amount of hours on the bike. Did you break it in properly? I think the dealer is screwing you. Just because YOU can't see any scratches with your eye doesn't mean there isn't any/ I would take the cylinders to someone who knows their shit, and have them take a peek. You will at the very least need a hone job in there. And then get some good Wiseco pistons. And aviation fuel in a stock shee isn't necessary. You can use regular pump fuel. Aviation fuel is a very debateable subject. I am not gonna get into that either. Another thing strikes me as being odd. Being that this was a relatively new machine, I am betting that the motor has never been apart before. Therefore the crank wasn't welded. Being that

a piece of my f*ck*@! piston broke off and locked up the bottom end

you locked up the motor, I am telling you that the crank could have twisted out of phase. I had a lower rod bearing go, and it locked the motor up, Twisted the crank. If the crank is out of phase, you will be certain that you will have detonation issues in the future, and a lack of power. Timing will not EVER be right. You NEEED to have it looked at by a professional, especially when it locks up. it doesn't take much to twist a crank, and you had a severe failure. ABout as severe as it gets. it only takes on little piece of shit to get lodged in the bearing(s). It will toast the motor sometime in the future, it may come apart on the face of a 60' triple. It may come apart while you are warming it up.` You never know. Better to be safe than sorry. Trust me. I know from experience..... Tell the dealer what you want and don't take any shit from them. it iis their job to fix it and make it right under warranty.... Because if they put it back together, and then later on, when it is out of warranty, the $$$ is gonna come out of your pocket when you ned to have something fixed...

Sorry to hear about your tragedy.Ask around the HQ and keep an eye on ebay for parts you will need to get you rolling again.I'm sure you would like to do your repairs without any accessive spending.Dealerships are tough to work with and have a history of false repairs and absurd reasons for motor failier. Stick with the HQ and get the straight shit on anything about the shee.

dude man i got the same problem but my whole skirt broke off and really screwed my left cylinder.... and your gonna die with the bill from the dealership... so find somebody thats knows what theyre doin and maybe do some big motor work while your in there.

I know i am...