03 banshee Jet question

Rah4491

Hi just wanted state that I am new to this forum and looking forward to learning new things from everyone hear. Ok let’s get started.

Recently just purchased my first banshee project. I have had many of other bikes an quads but this is my first twin cylinder bike. I have 03 SE banshee which to believe is mostly stock. It’s in need of a rebuild an I believe the jetting is the cause for that since the carb has never been opened.  Previous  owner removed air box an installed a Tonney 2in1 filter. It has stock head pipes for now and has fmf slip ons for the rear. I’m at 1000ft sea level an I’m wondering what Jet sizes i should be running for the main and pilot? Plan is to keep the stock bore when I rebuild and most likely will install fmf fattys for the front later on so jet sizes for that would be good to know. I ride mostly tight trails with wet and dry dirt and the occasional sand dune trip to Oklahoma. Thanks and hope to hear great things from everyone.

Thanks for the response. I haven’t opened it up completely yet. So far I’m mangaed to check the compression which was at 85. Carbs look to be the factory set up. I know the guy I bought it from and he knew the original owner before. From what I gathered it was only the slip ons an air filter that were added. He said he never messed with the carbs at all. The quad needs a good wash before I open it up anymore. Wasnt taken care of at all. He made the comment that it ran very hot all the time. AKA jetting wasn’t rite for the airbox delete. 

Very possible about the lean condition. Do yourself the favor and delete the tors and e-brake switch. It will save you the hassle of electrical problems later. As far as jetting. You need to know what's in there to jet accordingly. We can all guess numbers but we need to know what carbs are on there. Keihin mikuni and so on. I believe the factory carbs are 28mm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

-first things first. Test compression to see if a rebuild is warranted.  (looks like you already did that)

-if so, then choose a site sponsor on here to send you cylinders to, to have them bored honed and set you up with the right pistons.  Get you some fmf headers off the BHQ facebook swap page

-280 -290 jet when its warm, 25-27.5 pilot should be good. sync carbs and adjust air fuel screw accordingly, stock carbs 26mm, delete all electrical crap that you dont need and get a new harness from komplusive concepts (site sponsor) 

-then once you get bored with the power it makes and wanna open your check book up, decide how much you wanna spend and prepare for the power addiction to begin

Edited by Ayesully810