Idle

josh_350

Ok so I put 300 mains in it and it did sound a lot richer and it idled really good once I readjusted my slides but I think it was running almost too rich so put 290s and it didnt help at all so I put the 300s back in and moved the needle clip one step leaner and it kind of runs like a dog any suggestions??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And also it had 270s originally not 250s I checked

I would verify that you have the right mikuni jets, my cousin bought a blaster than ran like a complete pile and when i took the carb apart it had some off brand wtf jet in it, genuine jets fixed it.  what pilot size do you have? the main has nothing to do with the starting issues

Edited by Ayesully810

I would verify that you have the right mikuni jets, my cousin bought a blaster than ran like a complete pile and when i took the carb apart it had some off brand wtf jet in it, genuine jets fixed it.  what pilot size do you have? the main has nothing to do with the starting issues
There vitos jets so there legit and 3 for the pilots

1 hour ago, josh_350 said:

And also it had 270s originally not 250s I checked

what do you mean it runs like dog? did you go and ride it when it was all warmed up or did you just let it idle. Like sully said and i said earlier, your pilot jet will be related to your starting and idling/ 1/4 throttle stuff. If you mean you had 30 pilots then you should drop down to a 27.5 pilot. Make sure your carbs are synced then get your pilot and ldle speed set before worrying about doing anything else with the main jet. Also if you dont plan on actually riding it during the colder months you are just wasting time because you will have to do it all over again when it warms up again. Regardless, a 27.5 pilot should be fine for both but main jet would need some adjustments for colder/warmer weather. A 270 is probably really close for your mods in warmer weather but is going to be on the lean side in 30* weather. Vitos doesnt have a good track record so if you do order any additional jets get the genuine mikuni ones. I ordered all my stock carb jets from rockymountainatv as they were the cheapest i could find at the time. 

what do you mean it runs like dog? did you go and ride it when it was all warmed up or did you just let it idle. Like sully said and i said earlier, your pilot jet will be related to your starting and idling/ 1/4 throttle stuff. If you mean you had 30 pilots then you should drop down to a 27.5 pilot. Make sure your carbs are synced then get your pilot and ldle speed set before worrying about doing anything else with the main jet. Also if you dont plan on actually riding it during the colder months you are just wasting time because you will have to do it all over again when it warms up again. Regardless, a 27.5 pilot should be fine for both but main jet would need some adjustments for colder/warmer weather. A 270 is probably really close for your mods in warmer weather but is going to be on the lean side in 30* weather. Vitos doesnt have a good track record so if you do order any additional jets get the genuine mikuni ones. I ordered all my stock carb jets from rockymountainatv as they were the cheapest i could find at the time. 
Ok,once again thx for the help I appreciate it

7 minutes ago, josh_350 said:

And like a dog as in it doesnt rev up very fast

revving at idle or when riding it? if you are riding it does it eventually roll into the powerband and just feels lazy until it hits? 

I know what will fix all your issues. first  find a busy intersection to start your quad by, preferably pointing at traffic

put a zip tie around the throttle so its wide open

start it

then slam on the shifter with your foot and walk away in the other direction 

Edited by Ayesully810

I know what will fix all your issues. first  find a busy intersection to start your quad by, preferably pointing at traffic
put a zip tie around the throttle so its wide open
start it
then slam on the shifter with your foot and walk away in the other direction 
I'd think about doing that if I rode anything besides a yamaha

On 11/24/2018 at 8:16 PM, dano3 said:

read the links 97screamer posted to better understand which circuits do what and how those changes affect things. It sounds like your current problem is hard starting but it pulls clean through the powerband? If thats the case you should set your idle using the idle screw kit and then make sure your carbs are synced correctly (carb sync tool from FAST racing is best). Remember that the colder it gets the more fuel/larger main jets you will need. What size main jets did you put back in after the ebay kit? Are you running 27.5 pilot jets? 

I think the twist throttle kits you adjust idle by the throttle not idle screws, thats how my cousins blaster is gosh i hate those twist throttles.  i could be wrong, tors delete kit would be first mod if i had stockers. 

anyways, yes a 27.5 pilot should be good for that temp.  make sure its a genuine mikuni jet, you can post a pic in here we can tell you.  shouldnt be too hard to tune 27.5 pilot 300-310 main should be good for your mods and 30-50 degree temp