Degreaser

SeanC7

Hey guys,

Recently got a bike off craigslist.

It was a beater, anyways, I sprayed it all down with degreaser I mean ALL of it. All moving parts, chain, tires.

I realize this may have been very stupid now looking back, just want to know if I caused any damage? Plastics look like shit now. Hoping they can be fixed as well.

13 minutes ago, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Silkoline Pro Prep should bring the plastics back.. simple green is your best friend on these things, wont damage rubber or dis color alum and works pretty well

Thx mate, do you think I did any damage with what I used? Regular walmart degreaser called "greased lightning"

How long did the degreaser sit on the machine before getting sprayed off? Specifically rubber components, intakes, seals, ball joint rubber...
Greased lighting is mild to some other cleaners out there...

Maybe 8 minutes?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The first two are without the flash and also after I used some random car wax, theres no shine to it.010505158980d0400d30d5cc497081de.jpg1d7ef6c44cee52690bb0c82917bd17ba.jpg41362e69d4f4bfc551789f037e868e42.jpge6f3e9b19a1b798400395b86450ef36a.jpg

Btw got those two plastics plus radiator cover for $70.00

This is the bike I purchased, needs some love.5d9c9905506d81cb90a2d1abda50726f.jpg

Looks decent how much did you pay? 
Down here in south FL, dudes think they're sitting on a gold mine.

I paid $2100.00 titles, came with v force reeds, chrome rear axle new bearings, 28 mm carbs, cool heads, 4 mil, 66 mm pistons, 6 pack grab bar which is dope and CPI pipes

car wax doesnt work worth a shit on plastics.  i use Maxima SP1 plastic shine, or this company names Slick makes a plastic shine. 

It honestly helped slightly, that's only because the degreaser totally made them white and roughed them up, hopefully some of these products use been suggested by you guys work. I prefer to buy in person instead of paying shipping I've read good things about Silkolene but not sure if I can find it in person. I'll check what you suggest out as well. I've even seen dudes using transmission fluid lol.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:01 AM, SeanC7 said:

Down here in south FL, dudes think they're sitting on a gold mine.

I paid $2100.00 titles, came with v force reeds, chrome rear axle new bearings, 28 mm carbs, cool heads, 4 mil, 66 mm pistons, 6 pack grab bar which is dope and CPI pipes

thats a good deal. 2100 is good for that. plastics just like a little meh now but you can fix that