Hazelton Nepa

zR2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not ridden alot of other places then here in the Shamokin Treverton area. So you may think I'm biased but there has never been a reason to look for another place to ride. You could go through ten tanks of gas and still not have seen it all. We got hills, trails, lakes, long straight wide roads, Mud 5 ft deep (Spring and Fall), Whoops, and jumps. We got extreemly secluded camp sites, and very extreemly secluded campsites. Gas station that you can get to by bike. and a great place to get breakfast and lunch right next to coal hill. But most importantly its FREE. Check out my page to get directions. Like I said you could ride all day and never see the same place twice but that will never happin. Once you find your spot, whether its Coal Hill, the Sand Pits or the Grassy Hills you'll be spending all your time there. As for a spot to camp I would have to say the top of the small canyon has always been fun, Its 5 minuits from the highway in your Granny's Cadalac. 10 min from a payphone, 15 min to a hospitol and 7 minuits from a Bar. So I hope you all get to tegether and make a plan to camp here.javascript:emoticon(':)')

javascript:emoticon(':)') But please remember to leave it like you found it. We don't want people walking off with our old tires and couches. Its taken us a while to build up this reserve of useless tires and moldy furniture, just to have some outsider come and load there truck up with them.javascript:emoticon(':huh:')

javascript:emoticon(':huh:')Coal Hill & Strippins

Yea, but dont you think thats awfully close to the highway, and its not too scenic either, kinda barren moonscape lookin'. Id like to be back in the woods a little ways. Lets make a place thats permantly ours..... a place where your not going to have the state cops drive too if they see our campfire.

Where at that "small canyon" would you build a camp ?

I think the sand pits is too far deep into the strippins to be a practical spot. The mile is too far into the strippins too, plus cops can get there if they wanted too and your not gonna get away if we're at the mile, not that we'll have any cop related problmes, but ya never know.

Think about "the canyon" area. Im not too familar with that side of the strippins, but I do know there's some nice wooded sections back there, plus the canyon is right there if we wanna swim. I used to love jumpin off those 20 foot cliffs at the canyon. Another plus is, you can get a truck back there, but not a cop car. Not alot of people ride back there compared to "the flats", "coal hill" or "the sand pits". Me and dad did some deer hunting last year near the canyon. Its nice back there. But im open to all suggestions, I wanna keep an open mind.

Jeff Taylors' camp is out at the end of the "third patch" road, about 3 miles past "the whaleback\caves". That area is ugly tho, always muddy. It takes 30 mintutes to drive back to Jeff's camp.

What about someplace off the "mile road" ??

What about someplace near the "trolly tracks"??

After you get on the flats go over to the north side, on your way over there you will see a path that takes you up behind the north side of the canyon, Its a fairly steep hill for anything other then an atv and because its up and then down in. you can only see a fire from the sky.

After you get on the flats go over to the north side, on your way over there you will see a path that takes you up behind the north side of the canyon, Its a fairly steep hill for anything other then an atv and because its up and then down in. you can only see a fire from the sky.

Yea thats where I thought you were talkin about. I used to take Candy back there all the time. B):lol: We'll have to hop in your truck and go exploring soon. Only problems I have with that spot is how close to the road it is. Plus id like to have a lake close by. Plus... isnt that place kinda a littered up. Not the nicest looking place. There might be 10, 15, 20+ people camping there.

Edited by Meat

I just bought another camcorder off of ebay. I'll have my helmet cam for coal fest, along with 15-20 tapes for it, 4 camcorder batteries, and a shitload of shooting time. Any of you have a power inverter you can plug into a cigarrette lighter that'll plug 2 chargers in?