Adding Rigid Industries light bar bracket to stock steering clamp & bars

I'm trying to install the rigid industries universal atv mount. IN doing so I found out that the bracket hits the bars. I need to add washers between the clamps and bracket to raise it a bit and longer bolts. Anyone know what grade bolts I need? Or will any big box store hardware work? Am I doing this right? I don't have much experience messing with the bar clamps. Everything looks to be all stock on the shee. If anyone knows of a better way, please feel free to chime in also. The bracket has a .75" structural bend to keep it straight that I'd rather not cut unless absolutely necessary.

I'm trying to install the rigid industries universal atv mount. IN doing so I found out that the bracket hits the bars. I need to add washers between the clamps and bracket to raise it a bit and longer bolts. Anyone know what grade bolts I need? Or will any big box store hardware work? Am I doing this right? I don't have much experience messing with the bar clamps. Everything looks to be all stock on the shee. If anyone knows of a better way, please feel free to chime in also. The bracket has a .75" structural bend to keep it straight that I'd rather not cut unless absolutely necessary.

b4b2bae01bcfc198de4106f254dee117.jpg

Well it’s not on the stem but the JL engineering light mounts work awesome. Goes in your stock light brackets and then you just buy longer studs for the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, klever209 said:

Got it black&yellow

Im trying to get them on the bars as I do a lot of night riding and it really helps to have them on the bars out in the dunes. I put the bracket in upside down but it looks dumb lol

Man... I thought the exact same thing. Thinking there would be a blind spot while turning.That little 10 in light puts out so much light that it isn’t an issue. Plus if you are riding in a group of 4 or so, everyone’s light fills in the dark spots. I didn’t want to go through the exact hassle that you are.. plus my buddies mount actually broke from having it mounted during the day while jumping.  Not sure if the offset weight from mounting to the bars screwed him. Plus he’s running the twin row, which weighs more.I feel like if the way this light is mounted, it would have to break at the studs which I don’t see happening. Another friend of mine fabbed his own mount for his raptor. Once again... I like the jds because it’s brainless. Anyways, I’m sure you will get something to work out just fine. It’s all part of the fun making something work.