4 mill long rod questions

matt5656

i have a banshee that i have put a 4 mill long rod and 65.5 mm 795 series pistons for it...the cylinders that were on the banshee look like they have been ported for a 4 mill set up...i would like to know what size domes to run with it without the spacer plate i have a cool head for it too.... it had a stock crank in it and 65mm pistons when i got it i got the cylinders honed so i could go the half size up pistons ....whats is my best route.....thiss is my first time on this site sorry if i wrote this in the wrong spot lol....

Edited by matt5656

How do you know it was ported for a 4mil crank if it came with a stock stroke? I would buy a degree wheel for $10 and make certain its ported for 4mil if you don't know for certain already. If you know who ported it they would also be the best to get domes from. Some builders use custom 4mil stock cylinder domes that they've developed to work best with their porting. With that said any domes cut for SB 4mil will work, just need to know the specs as Tony said.

29 minutes ago, matt5656 said:

it had stock crank but cylinders look like they where ported i will get some pics tomm of them... i would like to run pump gas like 93 I'm located around orlando fl....

but what makes u think it was setup for a 4 mil? You should call a banshee doctor.

Edited by Ayesully810

Easiest way to tell if they are ported for a 4mm is to measure the floors of the exhaust and transfers. If the the floors are dropped 2mm then yes it has been ported for a 4mm if not then it was ported for the stock crank. Depending on what the port durations are set at(if it is ported for a stock crank) they might be to high for a 4mm which isn' ideal. You will end up with a light switch of a motor. If the port highs arnt to high to make it work with a 4mm there will still be additional port work that needs to be done to make a 4mm run correctly.. jmo