Banshee carb issues?

06YFZ350

Wow This banshee is kicking my ass, my 06 is for sure a problem child. I think my carbs may be my issue. I have stock carbs on my banshee I paid a shop 1600 bucks to do the work on my bike and since i got it back the thing has not run like I expected it to. First it was super rich fouling plugs like crazy then i took it back and it ran good for a few mins then would brake up. I finally said fuck that shop cut my loses and started to work on it myself. I have stock carbs on the bike with a vitos tors delete kit. I resyncd the carbs using the window on the side of the carb and it ran ok but now it seems only one pipe is getting hot and its not smoking from the other pipe. I am thinking about pulling off the stock carbs and trying to get them setup/jetted correctly but another option would be to buy a whole new carb setup. I also am willing to go to a 2 into 1 carb setup since i feel like it would be very easy to get running good. I have a carb model yfz and it runs great and the carb seems to never give my problems i wish my banshee ran as well as my yfz as i have sunk alot of cash into this banshee and it still doesnt run right. Im looking for suggestions on what you guys can recommend i do. Im willing to take the stock carbs off and go through them and make sure they are all set to spec if that is what you guys think is a good starting point. 

Pipe temp difference is likely to float level adjustment from my experience. Should be 21mm from base to top of float with no gasket. Keep the stockers u can get em to work just be patient. 1600 bucks to work on carbs ? Mamma mia

Edit: as stated above. Mods needed aling with riding temps and elevation

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Ayesully810 said:

Pipe temp difference is likely to float level adjustment from my experience. Should be 21mm from base to top of float with no gasket. Keep the stockers u can get em to work just be patient. 1600 bucks to work on carbs ? Mamma mia

It was 1600 for labor to do the complete rebuild and i provided A complete parts package for the build "TURN KEY" is how it was supposed to be returned to me but that did not happen lol. I do not even know what jets are in it because he is the one who put them in. I can pull the carbs off and find this information out. As canadianshee said i have not done any leak down test or anything and i can also provide a complete lits of the parts on my bike and mods. I just need to type them all up and i will do that now. I am willing to buy a leak down test kit for banshee i am litterally willing to do what ever it takes to get my shee correct!

NEW after market 64mm cylinders

Wiseco 513M06400 pro lite piston kits

Hotrods heavy duty crankshaft assembly

Pro Design billet Cool Head with 19cc domes

trail/Mx port nothing crazy

Vitos Tors delete kit

Vforce 3 reeds

Toomey T6 pipes

Pro design Billet intake on the oem air box with a K&N filter/Pre filter with no lid.

Stock Carbs

+4 degrees on timing plate

93 octane mixed 32:1 klotz super techniplate 

+++Jets currently are unknown but I will update this when pull off the carbs.+++

Elevation: Im in Florida at sea level temperature currently is around 70-80 degrees in the day here

Edited by 06YFZ350

Whats ur compression? 19cc domes on a lower port timing cylinder might put you in race fuel compression numbers.
Id work your way down from a 320 main
And a 30 pilot with ur needle clip on the 4th. Just my 2 cents. Depends on whats in there now though those r just numbers thst ive seen work on stock stroke/ported setups

Ok i will pull the other carb right now! Yea the kit i bought was supposed to come with 22cc domes but i know i checked them when i opened the package and it had 19cc engraved on it. 
22 or 23 ccs would put u arpund 140 psi. Over 160 esp 170 u wanna start looking at race fuel

Ok both carbs have 25 pilots and 310 mains the needles which i gave him a "toomey perfect jet kit" may be toomey needles and the clip is at the very bottom towards the sharp point i think 6 positions down.
Bring the needle up to the 4th

• Like 1