Banshee modification help??

Ok so i have a 1997 yamaha banshee and im looking to make a bad bitch of it. So I plan on doing 20cc domes, 34mm carb, advanced timing, dyna cdi, full fmf powercore 2 exhaust. So what I am wondering is with all this should i run 110 octane? also do i have to program the dyna before i put it on and go riding? and what are the specs for the air/ idle adjustment on the 34mm carbs for 70 degree weather?

Not to sound like a dick but that combo doesn't scream bad bitch. It's pretty much what everyone has that has bolt ons. You would have way more power with porting, stock electronic,stock carbs, better pipes like shearer or CPI. I wouldn't waste money on carbs or cdi without porting. 

• Like 1

Agree with sleeper on this.  focus your money on porting.  That is where you will find this best bang for buck!  You can port for better pipes and change them later if you like, if you already have pipes.  

Here is what I would suggest, pipes depending on what type of power delivery you are wanting.  T5, CPI, Shearer pipes, porting to match, advance timing to 4*, stock CDI, stock carbs, open air box.  I would not waste the money for race fuel for this.  Run 21cc domes up to 1000ft elev or 20cc for higher elev and run 91oct fuels.  

I would also suggest the extra effort to port the top crankcase.  It requires full engine disassembly but there is power hiding in that port work.  

REMINDER - the CPI and Shearer pipes are high rev pipes.  I see plenty of people buy them, get porting to match, just to get more top end HP they can brag about, but otherwise fight the bike riding in technical trails.  If you will be in tighter riding areas, you will have more fun with FMF pipes and a little less aggressive port timing.  Many people confuse porting and port timing.  You can still have a very aggressive port job but with more mild timings and that makes for smoother  power delivery.

Brandon

Mull Engineering