Banshee smoking lots on one side

Check your coolant level. If it is coolant your level will obviously drop. You can also smell the difference between coolant and oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give it a check! Also what is gonna all need replacing when I replace the seals since I have to split the cases?

I'll give it a check! Also what is gonna all need replacing when I replace the seals since I have to split the cases?

That's a bit of a job. Not hard, just a bit of work. If you tip the bike on its side, you can pull the clutch cover without draining the oil. Coolant still has to be drained. About at a 45 degree angle. But, if you have to pull the motor the cases need drained anyway, so your choice.

Once the clutch cover is removed, you probably won't be able to see if the seal is damaged. But if it is, something typically caused the damage so you might find debris in the bottom. This would be a good sign that you are onto something. If not, you'll likely have to remove the clutch and maybe even the primary drive gear on the pto side of the crank.

Unfortunately, to change the crank seals, the engine cases have to be split due to a rib in the middle of the seal.

0c402b61e9d3b090c4c22c5e61856ea3.png

You can do this without messing with the top end, however, this might be a good time to go through everything, but I don't know your situation or your motor so that's your call. But you can just pull the bottom case half off and replace the seals.

Supplies needed. Clutch cover gasket and yamabond or 1211 or similar petroleum impervious sealant plus new seals.

That's a bit of a job. Not hard, just a bit of work. If you tip the bike on its side, you can pull the clutch cover without draining the oil. Coolant still has to be drained. About at a 45 degree angle. But, if you have to pull the motor the cases need drained anyway, so your choice.

Once the clutch cover is removed, you probably won't be able to see if the seal is damaged. But if it is, something typically caused the damage so you might find debris in the bottom. This would be a good sign that you are onto something. If not, you'll likely have to remove the clutch and maybe even the primary drive gear on the pto side of the crank.

Unfortunately, to change the crank seals, the engine cases have to be split due to a rib in the middle of the seal.

0c402b61e9d3b090c4c22c5e61856ea3.png

You can do this without messing with the top end, however, this might be a good time to go through everything, but I don't know your situation or your motor so that's your call. But you can just pull the bottom case half off and replace the seals.

Supplies needed. Clutch cover gasket and yamabond or 1211 or similar petroleum impervious sealant plus new seals.

Very good info man thank you