Read brakes

So I took home a quad that didn't have a pedal. The brakes were supposed to be working but it was just missing the pedal. So I purchased one and installed it but it doesn't do anything when I push it down. Is there another step I am supposed to do sort of activate it? Or what are some things I should check? Calipers don't move at all when I push the pedal

29 minutes ago, special06shee said:

Try bleeding the brakes. If that dont work you might have to rebuild the master cylinder.

Tried bleeding, pumped it about 10 times and nothing came out. I'll look up some vids on rebuilding the cylinder. The pedal feels like there's no pressure in brake

The resi is full of fluid? Best tip I can give you for bleeding is GET A MITI VAC!!! Hand bleeding can take FOREVER sometimes. Make sure your caliper is higher than the master when you bleed. 10 pumps isn't shit. 1000 pumps could be needed lol

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

14 hours ago, rjdgriff said:

The resi is full of fluid? Best tip I can give you for bleeding is GET A MITI VAC!!! Hand bleeding can take FOREVER sometimes. Make sure your caliper is higher than the master when you bleed. 10 pumps isn't shit. 1000 pumps could be needed lol

Damn like that? I saw a video on YouTube and saw his start squirting after like 2 pumps so I figured my cylinder was gone. I kinda hate the idea of buying something just to perform a single job. So I'll probably go at it a little more. If not I guess I'll go pick up the vac just hope that I don't get it for nothing and at the end it is my cylinder lol. 

E- what do you mean make sure my caliper is higher than the master?

Edited by Rawnold

Damn like that? I saw a video on YouTube and saw his start squirting after like 2 pumps so I figured my cylinder was gone. I kinda hate the idea of buying something just to perform a single job. So I'll probably go at it a little more. If not I guess I'll go pick up the vac just hope that I don't get it for nothing and at the end it is my cylinder lol. 

E- what do you mean make sure my caliper is higher than the master?

Jack your ass and up so that the air bubbles travel up the way the air wants to travel in fluid

On 6/20/2017 at 1:16 PM, rjdgriff said:

A vac will be a very handy tool for any future break issues and it's only about $30

So I picked up a vac, and I got some fluid to come out of the caliper nipple with the vac but still no pressure in my brake. Could it be my master cylinder has gone to shit? Or am I doing something wrong? Still nothing comes out when I do it the traditional pumping method. Fluid only comes out with vac

12 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

You will probably just have to keep trying for a bit.

I've been pumping but no pressure. For starter I think the nipple on the caliper is clogged because I took the nipple off my raptor and swapped it onto this caliper and it wouldn't hold pressure with the vac.. it would bleed but the needle on the vac was indicating loss of pressure. I swapped back to the original and it holds the pressure but no bleeding

I found that I had to bleed the reservoir 1st otherwise youll spend all day pumping. You may have to re-start the process.

Also another trick ...rubber hose large enough to fit over bleeder, 12 oz plastic pop bottle....drill a hole in the cap large enough for the hose or fuel line to pass through. Press the clear line on to the bleeder and bleed brakes... This will capture all bled fluid and it will not be on your floor and u can reuse. As long as you keep fluid in the line it will not back feed air ..pump away

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

Just going to have to keep at it. It can still take 20min + with a vac. Once you get it so it's starting to work with the vac, I would go back to doing it the old fashioned way to polish it off.

That's the thing though, shouldn't it be holding the pressure as I pump? Cause with my raptors nipple it just sucks air right back in as I pump, I know cause of the gauge on the vac. The og nipple doesn't let it bleed.