Hatfield and McCoy Trails

ginger

Me and a bunch of buddies are going to H&M trails in a little over a week.   I know there was an east coast meet there a year or 2 ago.  Looking for some advice.  What trails to hit, and what to avoid, i would assume some trails involve a bunch of water and to avoid those.  Anything that i should make sure i bring spare parts wise besides the usual spark plugs, 2 stroke oil, gas, chain lube etc? 

• Like 1

I am staying at Ashland as well.  my buddy put it together to rent a cabin.  

I also planned on bringing some bike locks and a chain to chain my quad to my truck just in case.  

i assume i should put some rear fenders on it as well? 

I saw that they are 2 way so i cant ride like a normally do on my property.  I have another buddy with a 250r and a buddy with a zilla going as well. 

11 hours ago, 87sheerips said:

Great times there!  Lots of water, but RZR only saw 4x4 once.. At night... In the sauce...

Banshee was whatever there, Its more of a 4x4 quad or RZR trip for me...

when you went it rained a lot didnt it?  

1 hour ago, ZillaFreak said:

Hit up the bar that is there. IIRC, it is on the outlaw trails. Before you get to the bar, at the top of the "mountain", there are some fun hills to play on. Just dont try to climb the one on the right that goes into the woods. You can ask Doobie how that went.

i dont drink, but I'm sure a few buddies might want to stop there to eat and they can have a few.  

So far it looks like mid to high 70's and sunny every day.  

my and my buddy with the 250r are bringing gas, as we have to run 100LL av gas.  i bought a bunch of oil, and plugs, hopefully the elevation doesnt screw with my jetting too much. 

the one guy going said they didn't have any available when he went to rent. 

I got my rotor and sprocket guard, just have to install that, and go over some stuff,  i normally am pretty good to know when to beat on it, and when to go slow and not tear it up.  biggest thing i worry about is water.  

currently i have an issue when it gets wet, but i'm hoping some dielectric grease will stop that.  

I will be bringing a strap just in case so someone could pull me back to camp need be. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DDQ said:

Cell phone. Tools. Nuts. Bolts. Water. Cash. Snacks. Beer. Vodka. 6 ply tires or a portable hand pump and plugs.

i went this past weekend.  

cell phone does no good there,  no service anywhere lol.  

found out the hard way, i want 6 ply tires, got a hole in the side wall of my front tire 20 min into the first trail.   Too big for plugs. i tried sticking 2 in there just to be able to ride that day.   Went to wild willy's and got a set am ambush tires for the front worked great. 

We had pretty much every tool wee needed,  only 3 major fails of the weekend, my flat, my buddy lost the kicker to his lt500, and a raptor 727 died, just wouldnt fire back up.  

the trails were a perfect example of how elevation affects jetting.  went from being great at the bottom of the mountain to breaking up at the top.  

• Like 1