Elka help.

06SE_Shee

I'm trying to dial in this rear shock of mine, I was gonna see if anyone else on here trails rides with Elka stage 3 or 4 Rear. When I got the shock (used) I put it on the bike and it bottomed out immediately right when I sat on it. *Bottom of shock was resting on the rubber bumper*....not good. So I just removed it and mesured the spring and it measured 8 inches long. So I removed the set screw and screwed down the spring retainer 1.5 inches in hopes that it would help with launch and obviously not bottom out with me simply sitting on it.

So I was gonna see if someone could possibly give me a measurement of their shock spring to get a ball park on where I need to be ride height wise.

I'm 170lbs if that helps. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude... 1st off if its bottoming out with barely any resistance... the shock is blown and needs servicing.

There should be a seriel # on the shock itself... call elka with that serial #

The actual spring will / should have some kind of paint marking on it   (a white stripe) or what not look around the spring for it...  as elka will prob ask what marking is on the spring...

Fuck, well thanks. Only white mark I see is "Made in Canada" and I've left them 2 voicemails in the span of 2 days and haven't gotten one call back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk