Front Brake caliper issue

OK so I recently got a 99 banshee that had a bent front left spindle...no biggie...I swapped out the spindle and when I bolted up the caliper it locked up on the rotor and the wheel couldn't spin freely...I suspect the caliper bracket got bent somehow when the spindle bent....my question is can I just get a bracket? or do I have to replace the whole caliper?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just buy a caliper you can find them for fairly cheap, I'm sure someone on here has one they'll sell you, possibly even just that bracket.

With that being said, does the caliper float freely on that bracket? It should slide back and forth a bit, if not pull it apart clean and grease it up and see if that helps. Maybe the caliper piston is hanging up, caliper rebuild kits are cheap too. As cheap as a caliper can be had for I'd probably just buy another one, never hurts to have some spare parts lying around anyway.

• Like 1

Jamal how'd you make out bro I hope those brackets worked for you! I'm going to bring the hubs and rotors and leave them at my yard I'll text you when they are there and you can go and get them whenever you want to stop by. They are in very good condition!