Insight on current setup

Lowroll

I decided to start fresh here versus continue on in a 20+ page thread from the past. As most will recall, I had some issues with my engine and, Thanks to everyone that helped I got it all straightened out. My bike pulls so much harder i the upper gears than ever before. This time however, I'm after some more info regarding bike setup

I mostly just bullshit on my bike, trail ride, wheelies, drag race, i like to air it out some on MX tracks at busco, really just ride it anywhere and everywhere. Lately though I've really been getting the itch to drag race, I never understood why people found it interesting before, and then I got my banshee and very quickly got the itch.

With that said, I definitely have the motor for it, but this past weekend, on every launch in 2nd gear it still fails to just go. She doesn't stumble, break down, nothing like that. It's more like it just doesn't have the torque to pull the gearing (14/40) so I ordered a 42 & 44 tooth rear to do some testing with tomorrow. Going to start on the 42. Sometimes it'll get a solid launch and just wants to stand straight up in both first and second gear. I noticed all the drag bikes running 4 snow rear tires and after some reading it looks as though they work like an overdrive for the trans. Expanding at higher speeds and making the gearing seem taller.

Not sure if I should potentially look into a +2 or +4 roundhouse swingarm

Get some 4 snow tires

change gearing

or some combination of those 3, I'm also open to suggestions. I'm hesitant on the swingarm since it is still a woods/trail bike but I am not sure, most of my reading tells me not to do it, I also don't want to lose the bikes wheelie ability, although it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did.

Thoughts from BHQ?

If that's all that is stopping you, they make bigger trailers too lol.

Well that and towing all 3. My daily/vehicle with a hitch is a 4.3 s10 dropped almost 7" :( it doesn't tow well at all

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I never really messed around with gearing much, but for me to get it to do second gear launches I had to be around 14/42 or I think 41 tooth rear would have been perfect. This is gearing with 22" rear tires though. I tried a 44 tooth rear & it suckedddddd

What i meant to say, i think if your running 20" tires you might wanna go down on the rear not up. Also I think you'd really like a +2 swing arm, it kind of keep it a good play around set up with that & not a drag.

I love the look of longer swingers but I think +2 would do me the best. It's currently on 21x11 holeshots and I typically run 2-3psi