should i get adjustable timing plate? replacing stator

Mrtaterman

timing plate is mainly for advancing the timing when running diffrent fules.. if u gey one dont put ot past 4 for running pump gas. the head must be setup right for running diffrent fule also. so dont think just cuase u have a timing plate that u can run 110 or alky lol

• Like 1

timing plate is mainly for advancing the timing when running diffrent fules.. if u gey one dont put ot past 4 for running pump gas. the head must be setup right for running diffrent fule also. so dont think just cuase u have a timing plate that u can run 110 or alky lol

great advise, i would like to add if you have the money to get a timing plate now then get it, you will already have everything apart while changing the stator.

What else does this mean beside it will break your budget.

It meant to try advancing with the stock plate to get a result because it sounds like the op is ready to try things. If the result is not what is expected... as in what you have at that point, there is no money wasted. As far as a budget goes... is there such a thing when it comes to working on these things? Lol!

It meant to try advancing with the stock plate to get a result because it sounds like the op is ready to try things. If the result is not what is expected... as in what you have at that point, there is no money wasted. As far as a budget goes... is there such a thing when it comes to working on these things? Lol!

yeah, a budget is that thing way off in the distance that you blow right past about 1/4 way through your build.

I personally am for modding shit, but if a cheap timing plate make a difference in a budget, stop now. Plus with a billet one, you get timing marks, something you don't with modding a stocker.

^another reason to buy the proper plate, not guessing the degrees.

i ran a modded plate for years, but as soon as my stator crapped out i spent the little extra for a billet one.