lowidenfast

I've been at it for a few weeks rebuilding my top end.  The new parts include

Ported stock cylinders  - Hardcore trail "surfport"

Cool Head with 20 cc domes

Wiseco pistons

All cometic gaskets 

Trail Tech TTO temp gauge

New tie rod ends

I took my time as this was a first for me.  Learned to measure squish, built a leak down tester and acquired a lot of tools along the way.  I want to say thanks to Surfrjag for all of his help fielding my rookie questions throughout the rebuild.

I ended up with 158/159 PSI, no leaks (eventually), squish at .059.  Dropped a tooth on the front sprocket so I'm at 13/41 now.  Jetting is now set at 320 mains, needle in the middle and 27.5 pilots and plug chop says I'm a little rich but it sure doesn't feel that way so I'm going to roll with it.  The cool head definitely seems to be keeping engine temps cooler too.  overall, I'm very excited with my build and can't wait to hit Busco on the 25th

Took a short vid when I took it out for the "torture test" last weekend.  Launching in 2nd now with the lower gearing

https://youtu.be/Yupwkqsl4eU

Fresh painted cylinders

uSj78WZ.jpg?1

Temp gauge (I still want to make some sort of mount for it)

sr53JX8.jpg?1

Before the torture test

H68iF25.png?1

After torture test (lost my damn clutch cover insert!)

c1yLeOV.jpg?1

Looks like you did a great job. Did Justin do your portwork? Kind of like that temp gauge. Does it actually work? Were you able to check it against a hand held temp gun?

Just curious.

believe it or not, those cheap ass temp gauges are usually pretty well spot on.

I've been at it for a few weeks rebuilding my top end. The new parts include

Ported stock cylinders - Hardcore trail "surfport"

Cool Head with 20 cc domes

Wiseco pistons

All cometic gaskets

Trail Tech TTO temp gauge

New tie rod ends

I took my time as this was a first for me. Learned to measure squish, built a leak down tester and acquired a lot of tools along the way. I want to say thanks to Surfrjag for all of his help fielding my rookie questions throughout the rebuild.

I ended up with 158/159 PSI, no leaks (eventually), squish at .059. Dropped a tooth on the front sprocket so I'm at 13/41 now. Jetting is now set at 320 mains, needle in the middle and 27.5 pilots and plug chop says I'm a little rich but it sure doesn't feel that way so I'm going to roll with it. The cool head definitely seems to be keeping engine temps cooler too. overall, I'm very excited with my build and can't wait to hit Busco on the 25th

Took a short vid when I took it out for the "torture test" last weekend. Launching in 2nd now with the lower gearing

https://youtu.be/Yupwkqsl4eU

Fresh painted cylinders

uSj78WZ.jpg?1

Temp gauge (I still want to make some sort of mount for it)

sr53JX8.jpg?1

Before the torture test

H68iF25.png?1

After torture test (lost my damn clutch cover insert!)

c1yLeOV.jpg?1

Nice bike man.

sent from yo mammy house.

Thanks bigweav. It's been a long time coming. Grew up riding and racing MX. Started at age 4 on a Yamaha Moto4 80, moved up to the blaster and started racing MX at 13, moved to a banshee at 15 and then got it all taken away when I did some stupid shit at age 18. Went without a bike for almost 10 years. Got a nice 250R ~2 years ago and loved everything but the power so it had to go and bought this one March 2015. It had issues so I began spending money hand over foot till I finally got it all right. I'm extremely pleased with the bike now. Wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Hell, now that I know banshees, I want to buy another for cheap and build it to suit

• Like 1