01 Raptor For Sale Or Trade.

jizzo

yeah, the splines on second gear in the 01's have 3 tabs that are pretty darn small that lock in, they tend to shear off quite easily.

Reverse is another thing to look for.....that probably wont be that far behind.

My buddy has an 01 and 1500-2000 dollars later he could ride his raptor again.....he also put a cam and piston in it, valves, etc and ended up spending like 2500+

I can find an 01 that has already had the work done to it for cheaper than it would cost to buy it for 2500 and do the work.

Not to flame you or anything....but raptors suck.....they're bigger money pits than banshees. Granted, you can extract great power and torque out of them, my buddies just flat out hauls. But he put over 2500 into the inside of the engine alone. And now to handle that on a tipsy turvy chassis he's gonna have to get a-arms, shocks, swingarm, axle, etc etc. just to be able to put that power to good use. It's scary to ride......not a good scary, like this chassis setup cant handle this engine scary.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its a beast but i thought the 4 stroke might last longer ....

oh well i got it for almost nothing ..ill still trade it for something strait up..

yamaha knows about the 01 problem but no recall..??

they have a site called raptortranny.com that walks you thru the rebuild should you fix it yourself..im too busy dumping money in the banshee.. :D

yeah....they've been trying to recall it for a couple years now. Save your receipts. Another buddy of mine wrote up a workorder for doing the work on it. Some people are having it lock up the rear tires going down the road, or up hills and such and getting hurt. My buddy got lucky and when it happened it just spun the engine. He was in 2nd gear wot hitting a pretty big hill.

Consider yourself lucky if you get 1500 for it. First off its an 01, and that'll turn a lot of people away, and then its got a bad tranny, which will turn even more away.

Question is.....if you think its worth 2500 as it sits, after 1000 to fix the tranny (more if you want to fix the reverse gear problem too while your in there), do you have enough other mods to it that your going to get your 3500+ out of it afterward? Keep in mind that people will still turn away if they have any idea of what was wrong with the 01's.

On a side note. I've got a 200x that runs, 2 extra engines for it (one with a high compression top end with about 1/2 hour on it, and tons of extra parts from another x that I parted out (basically everything except frame, swingarm).

I'll trade you that + 1000 for it.

200x is worth like 500, engines about 200 a piece, plus all the extra shit, front brake system, throttle setup including carb, front shocks, rear shock, front plastic, and other little crap.

And I'll drop it off at your door, and pick the raptor up.

thats ok ..thanks for tring to make it sound like it isnt worth shit ...figures you want it ...lol

why did i just get offered 22 for it ...if you said i'd be lucky to get 15..lol what a joke u are..

oh yea lanky you got any pics of the bike ..???? post em if you do..

oyu know you try and post some things for sale or trade ..to try and make a fair trade and you got these guys that want shit for free..

i had this thing out yesterday..with no problem runs excellent..and people want shit for nothing..lol

arent you the same guy that offered me 9 hundred..?? lolol

go find someone that is giving bikes away.. :lol:

oyu know you try and post some things for sale or trade ..to try and make a fair trade and you got these guys that want shit for free..

i had this thing out yesterday..with no problem runs excellent..and people want shit for nothing..lol

arent you the same guy that offered me 9 hundred..?? lolol

go find someone that is giving bikes away.. :lol:

No; I am the guy that offered you 900$ but I dont want it any more. If you got offered 2200 then sell it cus that is very generous. No flaming here just telling the truth man.

this is a fuckin useless thread...i say everyone just ignores jizzo, he's out to get a lot of money for something that isnt worth it's weight in mt dew cans...'01's are the absolute worst year raptor because it was basically a prototype that hit the market, yamaha didnt know exactly how it was going to do (i mean compared to all the work that went into the 450, it's a POS)...sounds like this kid doesnt really want to understand exactly how screwed he is when it comes to this...i say maybe if he went off ebay and bought an '03 raptor engine for about a grand, stuck it in the frame, he could get a little more but that would require effort...

my $.02

Mike

no...why dont you just ignore me...anyone else interested in it could of had it but everyone on here would rather bash or say in worth much just to get it for nothing ..

no im not crazy and i wont just give this thing away..

and yes i have alot of other bikes to ride but thats none of your bizz and their not included in this raptor.!

i would trade it for something of the same value...either way fixed or broke this is a banging ass quad.

ill keep it before i give it to one of you guys scammin to get it for nothing

im giving someone a chance to get this cheap that can do the work and sell it for much more

I havent had a bit of trouble out of my raptors tranny, it is late in the serial #'s the only thing i have had to do to it is put a clutch in it and get the starter gear fixed. My buddy picked up the first one at our local shop his bike is #346 and his tranny busted and his bike wasnt even rode hard and ive rode the shit out of mine :huh: