Making progress slowly but surely

Slowly but surely getting this thing set up to my liking.  It had a lot of issues in the beginning but it's finally coming along and I've reached a point where I can afford to upgrade things rather than constantly fixing issues. 

I recently decided to make the swap from K&N Pods to Uni foam pods after the paper filters allowed some fine silt into the carbs in dry/dusty conditions which led to my floats sticking wide open a couple times on my last outing

qKjkc8W.jpg?1

4PY6d2u.jpg?1

Now I am installing JDS Sprocket and rotor guards.  Gonna clean, polish and re-paint everything while I've got it apart.  My first attempt to match paint to the existing powdercoat on the frame was off a little on the rear hubs.  I have since found a near exact match so might as well re-paint them while I have them off.  I'm excited about being able to attempt some of the hillclimbs that were too rutted out.  The old skid plate would get me stuck half way up the hill every time.  Hoping these will slice right through plus, they are wider so may miss the crown in the center

RxO10Ib.jpg?1

RzXgCxt.jpg

Next project is the lights.  They haven't been working since the last time I split the case to replace the transmission.  I'd like to do the DC conversion and run LED's.   Last thing I plan to do, hopefully this winter, is to have my spare stock cylinders ported and maybe an aftermarket head with domes for race gas.

All in all, the bike has come a long way since I got it and I didn't know jack shit about working on it, nor did I own the tools to do so when I first started.  I have been learning little by little and accumulating tools as I go.   I'm pretty pleased with my little stock motor bike.   I'd like to say thanks to all those that have helped me along the way

Edited by lowidenfast

• 3 weeks later...