Dirt cheap leakdown tester

bendog

OK, it seems to have worked. The guage, I had, but was part of a kit I'd gotten years ago, while working on 70's era Ford pickups. I'm sure its still available, the pull through short valve stem, I have no idea where I got, but should be easy to get. Likely I got them both from Vato-zone. The white caps are CPVC (like PVC), but meant for hot water applications, I didn't care, the size was right. The black caps are for temporarily plugging residential sewer systems before inspection. Both the white caps and the black caps should be easily available at any plumbing store. I simply drilled a hole through the white caps and pulled the valve stem through (metal valve stem cap screwed on, and small vice grips clamped onto the metal cap). The guage has a barbed fitting, an 1/8" drill bit made the hole, and I shoved the guages fitting through the hole. Clamp the white caps into the intake, clamp the black caps onto the exhaust outlets, and inflate to 6PSI, set a timer, and wait. I doubt I've got $10 dollars into this setup.