Bad Needle&seat?

Nightrider

I don't understand these friggen Banshee carburators?I just re-adjusted the floats about a month ago and I rode twice since then.Now the overflow tubes start filling up slowly when I turn the gas on and I do have a high quality fuel filter.

I purposely set the floats to the highest setting in the manuel,so It would seal up good when the bowls filled up.Now the one side is leaking again.

I figure,the fuel needle and the seat is worn.how could this be?Its an 01'I have a 93'Cr500 and 86'cr125,not to mention a Yamaha Virago 1100 and 90'ex500.None of these other machines have ever had problems with their fuel needles or needed "ANY" adjustment to their floats.

Is there a good aftermarket needle&seat that anyone could recommend?I'm F-ing sick of dealing with this crap.

Is it possible that one of the floats has a hole in it? I have never had to touch my floats. They have ALWAYS worked just fine. I do not run a fuel filter, and I have clogged a jet twice since I have owned the shee, and I personally have never had a float stick or get crap in the needle valve. I think you have improperly adjusted your floats. My '96 has original needle valves in the carbs. No problem yet...

No,I adjusted them right to the manuels specs.

.800-.880 from where the bowl meets the body.I'm using the bottom of a dial caliper,so I know the measurement is right on the money.One side leaks,but the other won't unless I rock the machine side to side?They were within .005 of each other.

Could the metal tang on the float be weak?

Sometimes I'll stand the quad up when I spray it off,could this cause the float to stick?Its driving me nuts cause I'm sick of pulling the carbs off.Like I said,it would be o.k for a couple rides,then it will start pissing again.

The worst part about it is,it doesn't effect the machines performance what so ever,its just annoying to see a puddle in my garage the size of lake michigan when I first walk in there.

I don't understand these friggen Banshee carburators?I just re-adjusted the floats about a month ago and I rode twice since then.Now the overflow tubes start filling up slowly when I turn the gas on and I do have a high quality fuel filter.

I purposely set the floats to the highest setting in the manuel,so It would seal up good when the bowls filled up.Now the one side is leaking again.

I figure,the fuel needle and the seat is worn.how could this be?Its an 01'I have a 93'Cr500 and 86'cr125,not to mention a Yamaha Virago 1100 and 90'ex500.None of these other machines have ever had problems with their fuel needles or needed "ANY" adjustment to their floats.

Is there a good aftermarket needle&seat that anyone could recommend?I'm F-ing sick of dealing with this crap.

ive got a similar problem the only difference is my carbs only do it when its runnin,after about half an hour the engine and rear shock cover is soaked with fuel,and i know how u feel im fed up of stippin and cleaning carbs for hours!!.i think ill take them to bed with me i could probably strip them down in my sleep :lol: