low compression on a fresh rebuild

ryan954

Hey guys im kind of new to the banshee world. So i bought a banshee. It ran fine for a while then i let my cousin borrow it and he blew the piston (wont do that again).so i just replaced the topend on it. I got it bored to 65.5. I put wisco 795 pistons in it and i got a coolhead from jeff over at fastracing. I did a leak down test and it took 2 hours for the gauge to go from 6 psi to 0 psi. So then i did a compression test. On the left cylinder i got 125 psi and on the right side i got 145 psi. My question is why do i have differnt readings between the 2 cylinders. I haven't even started the bike up yet. 

Mods 

noss coolhead 23cc domes

4mil 115 vitos

65.5 pistons

v3 reeds

Mikuni 34mm carbs

Cpi pipes

year 97

the bike has some port work but cant tell what kind of port work it has. The previous owner couldnt tell me anything about the bike

Im in south florida so im at sea level 

On a non broken in motor a compression test is not going to necessarily read correctly. Check squish clearance, if it read differently after a few good heat cycles then there might be an issue but otherwise it should be fine. Since you are new to this you might check to see if the low reading side or both for that matter have the pistons installed correctly with the windows on the skirt of the piston facing the intake/reeds and NOT the exhaust. Many make that mistake.