Might be heading to silver lake this weekend

stroked

Should have reached out to us.

We had room to bring in more bikes.

We could have got you a parking voucher since we were about 6th in line Friday night.

Or we could have shuttled your stuff in with us on Sunday......

We're going in July. Join us then if you can.

I know the feeling of waiting all day of to get in the dunes----SUCKS!!  I used to ride the trails in baldwin in the summer and the dunes outside of summer time.  Im not a fan of crowds or waiting LOL.  Hope to have my banshee ready by September--HOPE is the word!

Stroked... if you get up there really early on Friday morning and get a Dune Ready Voucher that would be the way to do it. Or have a car in the Parking Lot Voucher line early in the morning on Friday that would be how you would get in for that Saturday. Getting wired on the voucher system is the key.

best plan of attack is to get tehre thursday night or before 5am friday. bring food, t/p and beer. they say you cant start lining up before 6am but itll be a mad house(like any holiday weekend) from about 3am till 5 or 6 when the cops start letting you get in line. then the line moves at 12 or 1230. getting the best possible spot in line is about the most important thing youll do over the weekend.

That voucher shit is stupid.. I did it for a few years.. I'm over it.. lol We've always had more fun setting up a date and getting our crew together on a off weekend.. seems last couple years its been hard to get everyone on the same day.

Yeah, yeah. Old news. I've done that for years and you harp on me for no showing up on the "Big weekends".

LOL.

I have dune dates planned and posted in January for the whole season. NONE are big holiday weekends. Why not plan some HQ rides on those dates?

Yeah, yeah. Old news. I've done that for years and you harp on me for no showing up on the "Big weekends".

LOL.

I have dune dates planned and posted in January for the whole season. NONE are big holiday weekends. Why not plan some HQ rides on those dates?

It  seems like most of our crew dont plan that far ahead for silver lake.  Its easier to just call everyone and find out what they got going and if they can make it rather then plan a day.  All the fast bikes come out on the holiday weekends,  best racing days of the year for sure.  But things are different now days, I wont go into details but its not worth putting up with the voucher system.

Well I'll agree that it's a bitch getting a good sized group together.

Everyone has some lame ass excuse why they can't go. Then you bump it to the next weekend hoping more people can make it……in the end NO weekend works.

I found making plans WAY in advance kinda forces people to actually make a plan to go.

They have plenty of notice to get time off work. (If you can't get a Friday-Saturday-Sunday off with 4-8 months advanced notice….you're not worth a fuck to your employer)

If you don't put ride dates on the calendar early……you end up at you're woman's Co-Workers wedding, a Christening, Graduation parties, birthdays for random kids in the family, or a block party.

I find the voucher system pretty easy to deal with. We take off work on Friday, drive up to the dunes, park a car/truck/moped in the parking lot voucher line, pull into the dunes and ride. At 9:00 we run over to the truck and drop off however many bodies we need to get trailer vouchers for Saturday.

(We get the 7-8 vouchers) Saturday morning we roll into the parking lot around 7:30 and drop our trailers, then roll back into town and hit the breakfast buffet at the Sands, then it's back to the parking lot to get ready to ride. 

Dunes open at 9:00 and any "Dune Ready" members in our group roll in right away with 9:00-11:00 vouchers. We have trucks loaded and out on the dunes with canopies and chairs set up by 10:00.

Then we ride till around 7:30 (If we plan to drive up to Pentwater and hit the "Brown Bear" for monster burgers for dinner) or sometimes we stay and chill on test hill and watch the sun go down (If we're getting a pizza or cooking our own meals in camp.)

The ONLY time it's a battle is Holiday weekends. But if you roll into town early enough on Friday….it's not really an issue.  (I understand you may have situations that conflict with that. But it's not a horrid ordeal for the average Joe if they are familiar with the system)

Like I said…..Stop fighting the system just to be up there on a holiday. The Long Travels don't focus on holiday weekends.

Plan a ride. Pimp it on the sites. All the big bikes show up. Make it an off weekend. No problems.  :shrugani:

The Little Sahara HQ ride isn't on a holiday. I had ZERO issues getting into the dunes Saturday with 2 trailers and a dune ready truck.

Or….show up Thursday, drive your junk out into the dunes, find a nice roped off area of patch of trees and hide your bike till Saturday, Then walk into the dunes like a tourist and ride that drag bike out Saturday evening like a BOSS.  :jesterlaugh: 

:whoa:  We saw three guys who built a deck on the back of a Ski Nautique and tried to do an Amphibious landing from Lake Michigan on a Labor day weekend with 3 - 250/450 dirt bikes. Boat capsized in the breaking waves, boots, gear and bags of chips floating to shore, two guys carrying bikes overhead to the beach….and DNR showing up just as the bikes all hit the beach. ( On the beach side of the boundary markers) LMFAO

• Like 1