having probleoms and lost

so last week shee was running funny. popping and shit out of left cylinder when i killed it it the left pipe would smoke for about a minute while off.  took home did some looking and testing founf pick up coil was only at 89 ohms when book says 94 to 140 so i ordered a new one put in then couldnt get to start. did some more searching found one of the wires i soldered broke, so fixed that and still nothing. my ignition coil is an oem that i bought last summer, but i have had probleoms checking it not getting readings or am just to stupid to do it right, stator test good. got it running after an hour or two. at idle both pistons where firing. as soon as i break about 3k rpms left side quits completly. and right has no power and lacks the ability to barley make it back to the garage. i am in prosses of checking pick up coil gap but there is really no adjustment for it. what if any are you suggestions. i was maybe thinking the cdi finally went out but i dont know there siigns and know they are untestable.