pilot jet

bansman76

kevin at hjr told me when I got my cylinders back from him to use a 30 pilot jet or a 27.5 ..  well I put a 27.5 in it and adjusted the air screws .  it idles good, revs clean from idle, easy to start ( within 3 kicks after sittin for a week or 2 ).

I read somewhere in order to do a pilot jet plug check,  start and warm motor with old plugs then put fresh plugs in and let idle around 10 mins, and check plugs,,if plugs are cocoa color then pilot jet is good.    when I done this test my new plugs had barely turned color..    is this test right ?  and do I need to put 30 pilot jets in it ?     thanks

I read somewhere in order to do a pilot jet plug check,  start and warm motor with old plugs then put fresh plugs in and let idle around 10 mins, and check plugs,,if plugs are cocoa color then pilot jet is good.    when I done this test my new plugs had barely turned color..    is this test right ?

So is this how pilot jet is checked to be right?