cutting weight

If I were to take the complete front brake system of my Banshee how much weight will it cut?

If I remember right, it was around 7-9 lbs.

If all you are doing is drag racing, why not take off the front brakes if you don't need them. Extra weight is bad.

Here's a lesson we learned with our drag quad.

Our front brakes are required for asphalt. At first we didn't want to remove them for 300' sand. Our 1st 300' outing we were pulling low 1.30 60's. 2nd outing we removed the complete front brake system with no other changes. Our 60's slowed to low 1.40s. We added the removed weight back to the front end & got our 60's back down to low 1.30s.

Extra weight is not always bad. We should of known better with our quad. We now have different areas on the quad to place weight just like our drag cars.

• Like 2

With that being said I'm not sure what I want to do. Thanks for the input, but I always see guys with drag bikes minus the front brake system.

IMO, I would remove the front brakes. In our case we kept them off, but added a weight bar to the front of the bike. It got rid of a little drag from the brakes, but still kept our 60's.

With that being said I'm not sure what I want to do. Thanks for the input, but I always see guys with drag bikes minus the front brake system.

Lay off the cheeseburgurs. You can loose WAY more than brakes weigh.