Oil Seal Problem?

jcanapa

For the second time I'm having problems with one cylinder not firing. My left side works fine and the right side just blows a shit load of smoke and theirs no power. I replaced the seal and it ran fine for about a little over 2 hours and then it slowly got shity. This is the same as the first time it happend. I kept thinking that it had to be the seal, but if it was would'nt I get tranny oil in both sides? They're only separated by a bearing, and if it can get pass a seal it would deffinatly get pass the bearing. All of my breather lines are ok too. Could my Cool Head be leaking? But if so why does it take 2 hours to happen? Once it happens its all over. I have to pull the entire motor apart, put it together and then it ok for a short while. My case are fine too, and I use yama Bond. this is getting to be a real head acke. Does anyone have any ideas on this or why its happening?

I have not seen the tranny oil get sucked into the left cylinder. It stays in the right cylinder. Also, what does the smoke smell like? If it is horrid, it is tranny oil. If it smells sweet, it is coolant. I would be suspect of a bad seat for the seal on the crank. If it has even the smallest of nicks on it, it will tear up the seal in no time....