MX Ready Banshee

LMAO "Banshees in your area are "Listed"……..YEAH LISTED….not SELLING!

I've been watching your sale locally on Craigslist. You're high as a kite on your pricing. (Yeah I know what you got into it…..not my fault you own it) Here's the reality….

Last fall I drove to St. Louis and picked up an 09' YFZ450R for $2800.

I drove back there with a buddy 2 weeks ago and he picked up another 09' YFZ450R for himself and it had a programmer, filter kit, Curtis Sparks exhaust and a new set of paddle tires. His cost….$2600.

(The guy said not a penny under $3000…but he was wrong.  :jesterlaugh:  LOL And the guy ended up throw in the helmet and a new set of riding boots!)  :headbang:

So you think your machine is worth $3200 in this market? :rolleyes:

Now the reality is nobody can "MX" with oversized rear tires on 10" rims. That is a basic bolt on Banshee with a cheap built stroker crank set-up. YES you got a nice front end……but the rest of the bike is a typical overpriced listing that has been up for MONTHS! Bikes like that with stock front ends or WORKS shocks sell for about $1800. Your front end is worth more than the whole damn bike. You got some decent parts….try parting it to get your cash out of it. But as is…….$2200 is your ceiling.

Sorry…I don't have the kid gloves on today. I'm dishing out reality in adult doses.  :evil:

Ok i understand .but I'm not stuck on that price. i was just looking around on CL and seen thats what people are asking for them.U know what you guys tell other people on here to do when they ask for what they should sell their banshee for .I'm willing to lower my price,but all i got here was bashed for it.instead you guys could have said i'm priced to high.i"m not a scam or ripping anybody off. If i was i would have said it was ported or not mention it at all but i did because i don't need to lie about it.I do understand i should have worded it different but i can't change it. And i thought of parting it out just don't feel like the hassle of it. But it's fine i don't really need to sell it anyways. i just don't ride it and firgured someone esle could enjoy it but i was wrong, because i'm asking to high for a piece of junk thanks for the help guys. no need to repond any more to this becuase i got the point.I'll just keep it.

I for one don't think you're too far off from the correct price. I price all the stockers I build with just a few mods anywhere from 3000-2500 and the lowest I have ever gone on selling a Banshee is $2200. But I do always rebuild them before I sell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I for one don't think you're too far off from the correct price. I price all the stockers I build with just a few mods anywhere from 3000-2500 and the lowest I have ever gone on selling a Banshee is $2200. But I do always rebuild them before I sell.

• Like 1

Dude just eBay or part out the bike and you will get better money. You will not get good money for a bike on this site cuz everyone on here is an expert and will pick out every spec of dust, if you get what I'm saying. I know people that have bought banshees on eBay for $4000 that are basically stock bikes with a quarter of the parts yours has. There are plenty of suckers out there. I'm not promoting scamming hahaha just saying people on here know there shit and are not gonna pay that much.

Dude just eBay or part out the bike and you will get better money. You will not get good money for a bike on this site cuz everyone on here is an expert and will pick out every spec of dust, if you get what I'm saying. I know people that have bought banshees on eBay for $4000 that are basically stock bikes with a quarter of the parts yours has. There are plenty of suckers out there. I'm not promoting scamming hahaha just saying people on here know there shit and are not gonna pay that much.

You my friends need to know different people cause them are some dumb-ass's

i agree.  part out the bike..

the 450's are killing these as far as price goes.  BUT for whatever reason there ae a lot of peep's "building" their dram banshee.  noone wants to buy a turn key  they would rather spend 200-1000 at a time to buy parts.

and DAMN  2600 for a 450r injected???  thats a really good price. i would rather mx one of those bone stock than most any banshee.

i agree.  part out the bike..

the 450's are killing these as far as price goes.  BUT for whatever reason there ae a lot of peep's "building" their dram banshee.  noone wants to buy a turn key  they would rather spend 200-1000 at a time to buy parts.

and DAMN  2600 for a 450r injected???  thats a really good price. i would rather mx one of those bone stock than most any banshee.

Yeah, I'm kinda stunned at the pricing I'm finding.

I thought I got the deal of the century with mine for $2800. It came with ITP Baja re-enforcing ring rims, RAZR's on the back and RAZR 2's on the front, Precision Steering stem handlebar suspension and a title.

But I went back with my buddy who found his '09 and with all those parts upgrades…..he blew my deal out of the water at only $2600!

The pipe is worth $500ish, programmer is $350, nerfs $200?, RAZR 2's on the rear, front and rear bumpers, filter kit, NEW Sand Star paddles on NEW rims, T-9 rims on the front, $150 O'neal ride boots that had never been worn, the guy even threw in his helmet and 2 sets of goggles with spare lenses!

AND ALL the original stock parts!!!! It's a buyer market. All these people out of work, or moving back home with their parents, having to move to apartments, no place to store these things….or TOO EXPENSIVE to justify paying for a storage place. This guy was back home (in his early 30's) with the parents and ALL his friends had sold their machines. He was totally getting out. That's how I talked him into throwing in the helmet, goggles, and boots. He even put all his spare oil in the box of stock parts and sent that with us. I was 1/2 way to talking him into throwing in his fuel jug when he figured they could use it for the mower. LOL

Yes i lowered the price 2700 OBO plus i'm giving extra parts with it that can be sold. I said i wasn't stuck at 3200. Only reason i'm selling is because i don't ride it anymore. after my accident a yr later i tried riding it and I just can't handle riding the whoops,and being tossed around anymore. I don't need to sell it. I own my own house,i have a decent job making $25 hour. Where i live their is no where to ride either.closes place is attica IN. which is an hour away. I got into sport bikes yeah i broke my arm from one,but i can open my garage and ride from their. i don't have to load up my bike drive an hour then ride then load it up again to drive home,And if i needed money the 07gsxr600(wifes bike) or 13gsxr750(my bike) would sell a hell of alot faster and for more money.And when i do sell this banshee i'm using the money to buy my exhuast for my 750. so it doesn't matter to me if it sells or not its only going to be buying my exhuast for another toy. 

Relax. Last time I checked, I'm bumping your sale post. (I even mentioned it to a site member who was looking for something like this)

Yes, I was busting on you for $3000+ asking price.

But as you get closer to $2200-$2500 the offers might start coming in.

Anything in that range still gets you your exhaust.

Carry on.

Congrats. I think you got a nice chunck of change for it.