Can I see a show of hands?

Like you, my son-in-law is a die-hard Banshee enthusiast.

He already builds complete bikes for customers and now has decided to start an on-line parts supply. But as you know, starting any new business is very capital intensive.

Therefore, he needs your help in identifying which parts should be stocked first. In addition, are there any custom parts or services that you would like to see offered as well?

You can respond here or directly to tmathein@mattblackmark.com

Thank you for your input. Your advice is much appreciated.

If your son-in-law doesn't have the motivation and eloquence to do his own research, he is destined for failure in business. If you have to hold his hand at this stage in the game, you will be the one guiding the business through it's success or failure. The bigger question should be do YOU want to be in the Banshee business?

• Like 1

Yeah, why are you here asking this? If he's been building bikes for customers he should know what they want. He should know what does and dosent sell, what is more common to his area. Like I'm in jersey, paddle tire sales aren't through the roof here. Hill shooter chassis don't exist here.

But hole shots and boost bottles sell like crazy.

If he dosent know what people want now then he's behind the curve and shouldn't get involved.

He has been building complete bikes for regional customers. An on-line store would cater to a national customer base.

There is an adage that when someone asks. "What do you sell?" the best answer is "What do you want to buy?"

One hard part is going to be the ability to offer something different that no one else offers. Competition in this market is very high and most needed things, people already have a person to turn to for. 

He has been building complete bikes for regional customers. An on-line store would cater to a national customer base.

There is an adage that when someone asks. "What do you sell?" the best answer is "What do you want to buy?"

I want to buy stuff for my banshee from overseas without being fucked over by shipping prices? Can you provide that?

Yeah, why are you here asking this? If he's been building bikes for customers he should know what they want. He should know what does and dosent sell, what is more common to his area. Like I'm in jersey, paddle tire sales aren't through the roof here. Hill shooter chassis don't exist here.

But hole shots and boost bottles sell like crazy.

If he dosent know what people want now then he's behind the curve and shouldn't get involved.

lol boost bottles

• Like 1