Boyensen vs Vforce

oldskool

The V-2's are great…..but his question was about jetting. LOL

Jetting is an end user issue. Plug reading is the only way to know. Plenty of bikes are running around with jetting that is WAY off and the owners have no clue. You could be going leaner with a part swap…then again it could go richer. Your plugs will answer the question best.  ;)

The V-2's are great…..but his question was about jetting. LOL

Jetting is an end user issue. Plug reading is the only way to know. Plenty of bikes are running around with jetting that is WAY off and the owners have no clue. You could be going leaner with a part swap…then again it could go richer. Your plugs will answer the question best. ;)

True dat.

Well no.......I think you will like the 2's (I think the 4's would be perfect for the kind of riding you do)

But my point is....too many want someone to tell them what jet to run and MOST spend zero time learning how to read a plug to figure out proper jetting needs for THAT motor in that location.

This is why 90% of owners think a banshee has crap bottom end and that pipes hit hard. That's what happens when a motor is only tuned with the main jet!

I've had a chance to ride quite a few site members machines as well as many others. ONLY ONE BIKE felt spot on! His name is PETER and his screen name is BIGONTS. He is the ONLY MACHINE to ever hit our dyno and be spot on perfect on arrival.

EVERYONE ELSE is way off on pilot, needle and airscrew and at least 2 main sizes fat or lean.

Most bikes gain 7HP and WAY more bottom and mid.

So all I'm saying is.....the average Banshee owner could benefit from a little effort in plug reading and jetting practice.

Well no.......I think you will like the 2's (I think the 4's would be perfect for the kind of riding you do)

But my point is....too many want someone to tell them what jet to run and MOST spend zero time learning how to read a plug to figure out proper jetting needs for THAT motor in that location.

This is why 90% of owners think a banshee has crap bottom end and that pipes hit hard. That's what happens when a motor is only tuned with the main jet!

I've had a chance to ride quite a few site members machines as well as many others. ONLY ONE BIKE felt spot on! His name is PETER and his screen name is BIGONTS. He is the ONLY MACHINE to ever hit our dyno and be spot on perfect on arrival.

EVERYONE ELSE is way off on pilot, needle and airscrew and at least 2 main sizes fat or lean.

Most bikes gain 7HP and WAY more bottom and mid.

So all I'm saying is.....the average Banshee owner could benefit from a little effort in plug reading and jetting practice.

This is true but certain circumstances make it hard. Like with me and my buddies, our riding spot is over 2 hours away and the elevation is 4000ft above and where we live is sea level so cant check jetting at home so it makes it hard doing a run on new plugs at our riding area then checking when we get home and we only go riding once a month or so.

I don't deal with the massive elevation changes, but temps vary for me throughout the season.

I ride in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri and Missouri. (Actually I barely ride in my home state.) But a plug check does wonders for establishing jetting needs. You don't have to cut the plugs up to get a decent look at how they look color wise.

A slightly used plug will show color changes quickly if you are jetting at your ride location.

You can always do some plug check passes at your ride spot....swap out the plugs and check them later at home.

The important part is KNOWING how to read a plug. THAT'S the part soooo many make no effort to really learn.

Mine gets dialed in on the dyno and it's so perfect that all I need to do at my ride spot is fine tune my airscrews based on the outdoor temps to keep the motor in the sweet spot.